[ 038 ] 𝐍𝐎 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF HAD PASSED SINCE THE FRIGHTENING NIGHT——and lexie couldn't get that stupid saying out of her mind.

it had to have meant something, everything happens for a reason.

she hasn't told miles about it, which of course seems bad but the last thing she wanted was him to worry about her.

but at the moment? they both stood in the last place anyone would expect.

home.

"you ready?" miles asked as they began walking up the walkway,

"no this place is still creepy as fuck" lexie said as they continued walking up to the old doors, miles laughed at her statement.

why they were home? well to tell kate about the baby of course.

lexie couldnt just hide the fact that she was pregnant from her only remaining immediate family.

telling someone over a text or a call is shitty... so here they are.

and of course to check up on family.

lexie had a small bump beginning to form, it was hardly noticeable though... it just looked like she gained weight slightly.

she looked healthier if anything.

they approached the door, before miles could even knock it swung open to reveal flora.

"ugh what are you losers doing here?" flora sarcastically said,

"don't act like you weren't staring out the window, watching us walk up to the door" miles said as he raised his brows while staring down at her.

"shut up" flora said, causing miles to laugh slightly.

the two walked in, lexie instantly felt nervous... she wanted to puke.

but she kept her nerves under control for the sake of her and miles.

"hey you two" kate said as she came by the front door and hugged the both of them.

lexie was definitely going to puke.

she took deep inhales and exhales, which kate noticed.

"lex are you okay?" she asked, clearly seeing that her younger sister was in distress.

lexie nodded, but kate wasn't too convinced.

lexie just ran over to the couch and sat down, miles followed and sat next to her.

kate wearily followed and sat in front of them at the opposite couch.

lexie's leg began bouncing up and down rapidly out of her angsty nerves... she didn't even know what she was so nervous about, she was an adult after all.

but it was still... scary.

lexie didn't even think twice before blurting our the words, desperate to get the crushing weight off of her chest.