[ 039 ] 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

IT HAD BEEN MONTHS SINCE THE TWO HAD TOLD KATE ABOUT THE BABY——and now? lexie's gender reveal.

they were going to find out the gender of the baby at the doctors, right at that moment.

they were ecstatic about the baby at this point, sure it was scary at first, but lexie looked at it as another little friend that she could have.

she wondered who it would look more like, her or miles, or maybe neither of them.

she has gotten ultrasounds before in the past few months, they said everything looked good but after the baby was born they wanted her to go back on her growth hormones.

her bump was a bit bigger, but it wasn't that big at all.

they were going to find out the gender of the baby, like at the very second.

lexie looked up at the doctor who was looking at her computer screen, lexie squirmed a bit due to the gel from the ultrasound being so cold against her skin.

she saw the doctor examine the computer screen, but lexie didn't miss the way her face fell for a second...

"its a... boy" the doctor said, but she looked concerned about something...

"but... something is off about the baby" she said as she took a bit of a closer look,

miles and lexie took a quick glance of concern at each other before looking away just as fast,

"it looks off... as if the top half of it isn't even developed" the doctor stated,

"what does that mean then?" lexie asked worriedly,

the doctor pulled away before putting her head in her hands for a brief second,

"i don't think the baby has a heartbeat like at all... he was doing fine at first yes, but in the past week something must have happened" she says,

lexie let out a saddened sigh, of course something like that would happen to her and miles.

the doctor frowned.

"so there's nothing we can do?" she asked, the doctor stood still for a moment before shaking her head.

"i'm sorry" she said,

"i say you surgically remove the baby, if not it can cause internal bleeding and a bunch of other health issues" the doctor kindly said,

lexie glanced over to miles who nodded,

"yeah get the surgery, better safe than sorry" he said, he looked as if he masked his feelings.

but there was something off with miles lately...

hours later, while lexie was getting her surgery, miles sat in the waiting room of course.

for the past month, he couldn't get quint out of his mind... he had been having horrible flashbacks about him.