Chapter One

\\Sophia's pov//
I sit down on the couch with my dinner and hit play on the movie and turn the tv up. My phone begins to ring and I hit pause. "Best part too," I mutter as I answer the phone.
"Sophia!" My manager Karen shrieks.
"Wow. You're certainly in a good mood."
"For good reason too! You just landed a role!"
"What? You better not be messing with me!"
"I wouldn't kid about this!"
"Oh my gosh what is it?"
"Do you remember that movie you auditioned for a couple weeks ago?"
"Yeah."
"Well they didn't feel like you particularly fit the role but the casting director filmed your audition and shared it with a director and now your going to have a major part in a movie."
"What's the movie about?"
"That's the best part! You play a private investigator who is working with a detective to solve a mystery!"
"Wow. Who's playing the detective?"
"Harry Styles"
"Oh.. um that name sounds familiar."
"He's quite famous he's an actor and a singer," she says and I look him up. Hundreds of news articles and pictures come up when I type his name. "Wait... he's the media's favorite womanizer."
"Is he? That must've slipped my mind"
"Karen!"
"You don't even know him Sophia. People aren't always their labels. He's an excellent actor and you'd be dumb to turn down this role."
"I'm not going to turn it down but he objectifies women Karen."
"No one said you have to date him sweetie. And it's just six months."
"Just?"
"You can get over his image long enough to film a movie. This could jumpstart your career!"
"You're right," I sigh.
"Good. Filming begins tomorrow at eight am. Don't be late."
"Ok," I say and she hangs up. I lean back on the couch and sigh. It's gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pull up to a set of silver gates and take a deep breath. I park in a space at the front of the lot and look around. "Okay so no clue where anything is... I'm screwed," I whisper. A blonde in all black and a headset on walks towards me with panic in her eyes. "Please tell me you're Sophia Hart?"
"Yeah that's me," I say and she smiles. "Come on. Makeup is already in your dressing room," she says pulling me through the lot and past a bunch of people working.
"Where is our lead?" A brunette with purple highlights yells as I enter my trailer. I smile and a red head in a yellow crop top and high waisted shorts points to me. "Oh come come," the brunette says. I sit in a chair and she begins curling my hair. "You have a really good complexion" the red head says. "I'm Amanda. The woman doing your hair is Sage."
"Nice to meet you both," I say. Amanda pulls out her makeup bag and Sage tilts my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After an hour of hair and makeup I sit down on a chair in the trailer. I run my hands up and down the material of my costume and sigh. My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket. "Are you excited?" Karen asks and I take a deep breath.
"Excited, nervous, same thing."
"You'll be great," She says and I nod. "Have you met Harry yet?"
"No."
"Well remember to be polite. Even if what the media writes is true you have to be polite. It's six months working with him and he's very talented. And of course very famous," Karen lectures me and I roll my eyes.
"No promises."
"Sophia," she says as I hear a knock on the door.
"I gotta go." I say and quickly hang up. I open the door and smile when I see who it is. "Come on. I'll show you to set." She says. She says something indistinct into her headset. My stomach growls and I groan. "What was that?" She asks giving me the strangest look.
"My stomach. People need to eat you know?" I say and she rolls her eyes. In the distance I see a man shaking hands with another man. He waves goodbye and begins walking in our direction. As he gets closer I begin to recognize him. "Hello?" He says once he reaches us. His voice is fairly deep and he talks with a bit of a British accent but also sounds American. He's wearing a t shirt, a pair of black flared pants and a pair of sunglasses. He moves his sunglasses from his face to his hair. "I don't believe I know you?" He says extending his hand.
"Sophia. Sophia Knight."
"What a beautiful name."
"Thank you," I say and he smiles. His teeth are sparkly white and he has a nice smile. A really nice smile. "Oh where are my manners? I'm Harry. Harry Styles," he says and I nod. "But I take it you already knew who I am."
"Yeah," I say and he sighs. He mutters something to himself before turning back to me.
"Well I'm looking forward to working with you Sophia," he says and I feel my heart beat quicken. Damn. That must be the charm he uses on all of the women. I guess that's what makes him a good flirt. He walks towards his trailer and I sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sit on set in my chair as the whole crew races around frantically. "Where's Harry?" A woman yells and everyone exchanges looks.
"No need for yelling Avery I'm right here," he says and she rolls her eyes.
"Harry you have to be on time! You know how Neal gets.
"Yeah yeah," he says sitting down in his chair beside me. "You look nice," he says and I blush.
"It's just a costume."
"Maybe it's just the person wearing the costume then," he whispers and I turn back towards the set before he can see that I'm blushing.
"Sorry I'm late people. I had a date last night. Anyways we are going to start from the scene where Harry's character realizes Jack is missing," the director says.
Harry walks onto the set and winks at me. I look away and sigh.
He pulls out the phone for the scene and the director yells action. "Damn it Jack answer the phone!" Harry yells and throws the phone down. He paces back and forth and looks over at the desk across from him. He sees a silver device sitting on Jack's desk and picks it up. He taps on a contact and waits as it rings. "Jack! Thank god!" A voice off screen says to make it seem as if he's actually on the phone with someone.
"Carol?"
"Bryan?"
"Cut!" The director yells and harry smiles. He walks over to his chair and takes a drink of water. 'Be polite' I remind myself. "Good job."
"Thanks," he says flashing a smile at me.
"Can't wait for our first scene."
"Me too," I smile as we wait for the director to announce the next scene. "I uh saw you in Dunkirk and I thought you did really good."
"Why thank you love?" he grins and I laugh.
"Love?"
"Relax. It's just a nickname. Most British people use the term love."
"Oh. That's neat," I say and he nods. He runs his fingers through his hair and I sigh. "Something the matter?"He asks and I shake my head.
"No. No everything's fine," I say. He is rather attractive. He has a nice jawline and his hair is short and curly. And his smile is nice, really nice. Oh my god. What the hell is wrong with me? I bury my face in my hands and groan. It's gonna be a long six months.