11. The greatest scandal

Daniel acts normal this morning. It seems he doesn't even remember the kiss.

Jules groans in her heart.

This playboy probably has a bad habit of kissing spree. Stay away from him when he's drunk.

She couldn't sleep well last night. That kiss has awakened her lust.

Ian is having a hearty breakfast this morning. He has eaten his fifth scones. Can't blame him. Daniel's chef is the guilty one. He glances at Jules. Dark circles around her eyes.

He comments, "Jules, you shouldn't go to Casino tonight. Get early sleep."

Jules yawns, very not ladylike. More like a laborer style.

Daniel is staring to her slender neck. Jules hasn't brushed her hair. Her messy hair.

She looks like a woman after great sex.

He looks another way when he feels a jolt down there. He inhales a deep breath. His buddy is too eager to sample her.

Don't think she's a woman. She's a man. My living amulet. Can't touch her. Don't want all the misfortunes come back to me at once.

Daniel gulps when Jules stretches her arms. He couldn't eat here. She kept flirting him. Shameless woman.

He grabs his plate and leaves the dining room.

Jules stabs her scones but she doesn't eat them.

Ian wipes his mouth with a handkerchief.

He asks, "Jules, what's wrong?"

"Thirteen. I think he would leave me again."

Ian swallows his food. He puts down his fork.

He comments, "Jules, it's usual for people to meet and part again. It's life."

"I just got him back in my life. He can't leave again."

"Well, give him a good reason to stay here."

Jules is smiling brightly. Ian is smiling too.

Daniel takes a peek into the dining room. He frowns when he sees they are staring each others with affection shown in their eyes.

He asks, "Ian, you said you are going to marry this year?"

Ian looks surprised. He did announce his resolution at January. He doesn't know Daniel would use it as an excuse to chase him out.

Ian asks, "Dan, did I do something wrong? Why you..."

Jules adds, "Don't mind what he said to you, Ian. No one could chase you out."

Daniel protests, "This is my house. I decide who will stay or leave."

"If Ian left, I leave too."

"Not a penny with your name on it. Where would you go, sweet little Jules?" mocks Daniel.

"Jude would let me stay in his manor. Tristan and I could share a room."

"Jules, are you insane? You and him. In one room?"

Daniel's face turns bright red in his rage.

This mad woman has no shame at all. How could she plan to stay with a man in  the same bedroom?

He grabs her hand and whispers, "The only bedroom for you is mine."

"Keep on dreaming," whispers her back.

She pushes him and he nearly lost his balance and falls down.

Ian shakes his head. Morning drama as usual. They are just like cat and dog. Can't share a room without a fight.