19. Wedding Day

Jules looks beautiful in her wedding dress.  Like a princess from fairytale.

Jude couldn't look away from her when she's walking step by step to the altar. Tristan got tears in his eyes. His best friend wedding day. He is quite happy for her. He just hopes Daniel would treat her well in the future.

It's a bit awkward for him to face Jude again. Tristan got back to attend her wedding. Jude only nods his head to his cousin. For Jude, Tristan would always be his little brother.

In contrast, Daniel looks bored. He couldn't stop yawning. His best man, Ian has to nudge him with an elbow to stop his big yawns.

Ian has just returned from countryside. He has been married few months earlier. He is shocked to learn Jules is actually a woman. She is going to marry Daniel. He should have seen this love hate relationship. It has been going in front of his eyes for years.

Ian's wife, Abby is the bridesmaid because Jules doesn't have any girlfriend. She is a sweet natured Lady. She is shocked when Ian told her that Jules used to be a guy. Fortunately she isn't a rumor monger.

A priest asks their consents to live together through happiness and sorrow. Jules replies firmly. Daniel staggers when he replies him. As if his mind hasn't been settled to marry her.

The wedding ceremony continues. The vows and rings have been exchanged. Jules is smiling brightly. The groom looks like he is facing a death penalty at this moment.

The priest asks, "Anyone reject their marriage here? Say your statement now. Or be silent forever. No one? In the name of the Lord..."

"I object!"

An old woman dressed in a tattered Romanian clothes has barged into the church. She points a finger to the bride.

She screams, "She's cursed! You can't marry her! She would bring bad luck to you!"

Everyone begins to murmur at once. Daniel looks pale. He stares the bride as if she's a demon. Some men have taken the mad woman away from the church.

"Dan?" calls her.

"No, stay away from me! Don't touch me!"

"What's wrong?"

"You are cursed! How could I marry you? I can't!"

Daniel takes off the wedding ring from his finger. He tosses it down on the floor before running away from the altar.

"Dan!"

Jules tries to chase him but her dress entangles her feet. She falls down quite hard. Blood starts to seep out of her dress immediately.

"No!"

She screams wildly like a wounded animal before she faints.

Jude looks pale when he lifts her up. His face shows he is in deep pain.

He keep whispering, "I'm sorry..."

Jude carries her to his carriage. Tristan goes into the carriage with them. The carriage moves a bit before the mad woman blocks it.

Jude taps the roof of carriage using his walking cane. The carriage stops at once.

He orders, "Take Jules home. Don't leave her. She has suffered a nasty blow."

"Yes, I know."

Jude leaves the carriage after Tristan gave him his word. He nods to the mad woman. He walks away to a nearby alley. She follows him.

The carriage leaves soon afterwards. Tristan caresses Jules' head. The poor woman. She should have known better than to get entangled with the vicious Duke.