"See" You Soon! Songfiction Challenge

Oh Autumn, how we love you so. Now that it's September, we're approaching a new school year although this one will be slightly different than those before it.

Since we're all just a little bit more away from our friends around us, BACommunity and WattpadShortStory have teamed together in hopes that this short story flash-fiction challenge will cheer you up. 

Here are some of our favorite songs that we're listening to as we spend a lot of our time talking to each other over Zoom instead of in person:

Bruno Mars - Count on Me

One Republic - Connection

Colbie Caillat - Never Gonna Let You Down

Flora Cash - You're Somebody Else

SYML - Where's My Love

Taylor Swift - this is me trying

Tate McRae - that way

☆ ☆ ☆

Prompt: In no more than 1,000 words, use one of the songs above to write about how you plan on reuniting with a friend you haven't seen in a long time.

☆ ☆ ☆

Guidelines

Your word count must be 1,000 words or below.

The deadline is September 30th at 12AM PST / 3AM EST / 7AM GMT.

Your story entered for this contest must be new. This means it wasn't published on Wattpad prior to this contest. It must be original and stories posted prior to the start of this contest will be disqualified.

For this contest, fanfiction will not be accepted.

English entries only.

This is a one-shot meaning you can either include it under a story where you post all your one-shot entries (i.e., an anthology) or publish this as a new story on your profile. If you are including your entry in an anthology, please ensure you submit the link to your entry and not the entire anthology.

Pay attention to grammar and spelling. It plays an integral part in judging. Don't forget to be creative. Have some fun with this one! :) 

Once you've published your story, you may submit it to using the "Submission Form" link below. Please do not forget to select the song you've chosen when filling in the submission form. 

Important! Mature entries are allowed, but they must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

>>THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED<<

☆ ☆ ☆

Prizes

Winner gets a shout out from BACommunity and WattpadShortStory message boards.

Winner will be featured on BACommunity new feature flash-fiction reading list and WattpadShortStory's Gemstones  anthology. 

☆ ☆ ☆

DISCLAIMER

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering.