11. UGLY BUS RIDE

I suddenly find my fiddling fingers to be very interesting. I keep looking at them without uttering a word to answer Ved's question.

"So...uh— you um, you like me...?"

I replay his words in my head.

Do I like him?

Letting out a long exhale, I speak out the truth, "I don't know."

I slowly lift my head to find him staring into distance.

After a few seconds, he turns back to me and asks, "What does that mean?"

"It means exactly what it means." I reply.

"Care to explain?"

Looks like he isn't going to drop this topic.

"Not now please. I still have to sort it out before jumping to conclusions." I get up and walk back to the desk, taking a seat.

He nods in understanding and thankfully gets back to explaining physics.

To say that things became awkward would be an understatement. But nevertheless, he did his part perfectly and taught me well.

After an uncomfortable goodbye, I have dinner and get back to one of my longtime loves.

The recap of the previous episode is shown with the theme Carry On My Wayward Son playing in the background as soon as I continue with SUPERNATURAL.

Which means...it's the last episode of the season.

Sweet.

One more season down.

I lost track after the 3rd episode as my eyelids get heavy—another one of my longtime lover fighting for dominance—and finally they close, pulling me into an endless vortex of unconsciousness.

I wake up to my mom gently patting my shoulders.

"Hey, why don't you get to bed? You'll get cramps if you sleep like this." I hear my mom's distant voice.

Still sleepy, I slightly raise my head and observe my position.

My head is resting on the armrest, my neck bent in an odd way, one of my hands and legs are hanging down the couch, the other hand beside my head and the other leg thrown over the back of the couch.

All in all, it was preposterous.

Actually my entire flexibility can be seen when I sleep.

Maybe I could win gymnastics events in my sleep.

Sitting up, I rub my sore neck and my hands come in contact with something sticky on my cheeks.

Great. So, I drooled today.

Drooling while sleeping is not that much of a problem for me as it happens rarely, but I must've slept like the dead this time since I had drooled.

I get off of the couch still a bit sleepy and walk to my bedroom with half-closed eyes and my hands in front of me to make sure I don't bump into anything.

Maybe this is what they call as 'The Walking Dead'.

I throw my room door open and don't bother closing it as I face plant onto the bed and the last thing I see before I pass out is my mobile phone lighting up with a notification that said;

Ved:

'Night Vicky.

***

The only thing that makes me wake up everyday morning is my alarm's ringtone.