27. END OF AN ERA

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ved voices out his doubt.

"It's one of the most sacred and legit gay ships. Well, it ain't really canon but the writers are really obvious about frustrating the fans by explicitly showing some couple-like things between Dean and Cass, but, like I said, they never make it canon." I explain with a shrug.

"I— I really didn't understand that—"

"Bro, it's like, shipping the characters called Dean and Cass in SUPERNATURAL series." Nikhil explains.

Ved's mouth stays in an 'O' shape as he nods in realization.

"Seriously, tone it down with the SUPERNATURAL references Vicky." Harsh groans out.

I'm excited. Can't help it!

"So, anyways, are you guys like together or—"

"Um...no. Not yet. I still am figuring this out." Ved mumbles.

I nod in understanding and suddenly I remember something.

Fisting my hands, I land a hard punch on Ved's face and he holds his face while sighing and muttering, "I deserved that."

Harsh's expression is somewhere between being proud of me and angry at me while Nikhil looks at me with a smug smile.

"That's for kissing me like I was some guinea pig that you could test your sexuality on, besides, who gave you that bruised jaw?" I ask.

"Your boyfriend." He huffs out.

"No wonder great minds think alike!" I exclaim before continuing, "Now that I've done that, everything's forgiven and forgotten. So, do your parents know about your sexuality?"

"My parents do and before you say something about me not mentioning it earlier, I was about to tell you when I kissed this guy, but he was all like, 'I like Vicky', 'I like Vicky', so it took a while." Harsh remarks with an eye roll.

"My parents do not—hell, even I didn't till that day but, I'm not ashamed or anything. Sure, it's new but I'll come clean I guess..." Ved trails away.

"Hey, man. Whatever decision you make, we're here okay?" Nikhil surprises us all.

"What? He's gay and I don't have a competitor anymore!" Nikhil explains the reason for his calmness.

Harsh, Ved and I turn look at him bewilderedly.

"Not a good time to say that?" Nikhil questions us warily.

"Nope." I say while Harsh shakes his head sympathetically at Nikhil and Ved replies, "Not a good time."

"Fine." Nikhil mutters and then the bell rings, indicating the end of first half of the exhibition.

We all part our ways and when I come back to our classroom, Harsh says that he'll tell Mia by himself, since he thinks that she deserves an explanation.

Mia returns and when Harsh is halfway through explaining about whatever happened, Darsh comes and joins in, but he tells that he already knew about it, so Darsh and I play tic-tac-toe till Harsh and Mia stop speaking.

"Whoa! I kinda had a doubt about you being homosexual but, congrats bitch!" Mia exclaims but then turning to me with concerned eyes she asks, "Are you okay with this though? Y'know, Ved...?"

"Hey, I'm in love with Nikhil, and I even punched Ved for kissing me earlier and then I totally shipped Ved and Harsh together and you're asking me if I'm okay with this?" I ask in between my chuckles.

Before she could reply, the Principal comes walking into our classroom and the entire classroom turns silent and stands up to acknowledge her presence.