26. LIKE DESTIEL SHIP

A/N: I wish I saw a boy get burnt with rejection like that in the above attached video lol! 

Tossing the snacks bag towards Mia, I slump beside her, my thoughts still on what had just happened.

I'm pretty sure Ved kissing you is gonna look like you cheated on Nikki and this just gives DQ more ammo.

Mia and Harsh immediately dive in and Darsh picks after them but when I make no move, Mia notices my mood and asks me if I was alright.

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Seriously, cut the crap. I know that look. Good or bad, but something's up." She remarks with an eye roll.

Wow she knows me real well to know how I'm feeling just by looking at my face because I have one of the best poker faces.

And she's known you for less than a year.

Yeah, even those two old friends of mine didn't know—

Don't go there. It's in the past. Be happy that you've got these people now.

"So?" Mia voices out again, her brows risen up expectantly.

"Hey, we're just going out for a round around this floor. Can you manage?" Darsh cuts in, gesturing to himself and Harsh.

"Sure." Mia replies without missing a beat while giving me a glance from the corner of her eyes.

The boys leave and I've got no option but to talk to Mia—who is still looking at me with her eyebrows up.

Sighing I spout out everything, from me noticing the awkwardness between Ved and Harsh to me going to the canteen to Ved taking off after kissing me.

"That's one fucked-up shit." She says lowly, once I finish explaining.

After a few seconds of silence she speaks again, "Watcha gonna tell Nikhil now?"

If it isn't the million dollar question.

Actually add a few more zeroes to million.

I mull over her question for some time before turning up with a lame response.

"I honestly don't know." I shrug slowly, but I notice Mia looking to the front of our table.

"Don't know what these plants are actually for?" A new voice comes.

I snap my head to see Nikki standing in front of our table with a smirk.

"Uh— I...what are you doing here?" I ask with a scowl.

"Gasp, won't you explain these to me—your lovely boyfriend?" He places his hands on his chest in mock hurt.

"Did you ju—did you just say 'gasp'?" I ask him, a small smile playing on my lips.

He hums in approval and then demands me to explain my topic just like I had done to him.

Groaning I explain everything and he keeps interrupting me a lot in between.

I whine at him finally as I end and when he starts to interrupt me again, I glare at him while reaching out and smacking his chest.

"I'm seriously thinking of running away from here, right now." I grunt.

He leans forward and pinches my cheeks muttering, "Easy there tigress! I ain't letting you run anywhere now."

That makes me think about what had just happened between Ved and me and even before I could think, my mouth blurts out, "Hey, can we talk?"