The Confession

Spoiler Warnings: This story contains spoilers and references from Dork Diaries 1-8, and read at your own risk.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the credit for the Dork Diaries books, and the rightful author is given full credit for the inspiration for this story. Thank you.

Nikki's Point Of View

I can't believe Mackenzie would stoop so low as to knock me out with a dodge ball. I went through this crazy journey while I was knocked out. It seemed so real, and so familiar. I eventually woke up, though, and I ended up walking to the nurse's office with Chloe and Zoey.

I saw Brandon running down the halls towards me while I was walking. He came up to and looked me in the eyes. He took a hold of my hands and asked if I was okay. I smiled and said I was.

We spoke for awhile, and then he seemed to become nervous. He let go of my hands and put them in his pockets. He looked down and shifted for a moment but he eventually looked back up. He seemed hesitant but, then he stepped forward and brought his face towards my ear. He whispered something in my ear:

Brandon: "Meet me at Fuzzy Friends tomorrow afternoon. I hope you can make it."

I simply blush and blink at him for a second. I quickly try to get over my newly found episode of RCS (Roller coaster syndrome) and answer him. I place my hands on his should and stand a little taller. I bring my lips close to his ear and I feel him shiver from my touch. I smile a little at his reaction. I whisper just enough for him to hear:

Nikki: "I'll do my best. I hope to see you too."

Brandon simply smiles and looks down for a moment and blushes. We quickly realize that Chloe and Zoey had been watching us the whole time. We both blush and quickly let go of one another.
Zoey and Chloe giggle and smile.

I scold them with my facial expressions but simply end up smiling. I smile at Brandon, and blush. We both end up blushing profusely and smiling at one another. I begin thinking for a moment. I wonder whether I should do something or not...this might not be the best thing to do right now....oh just do it, Nikki!! I quickly grab Brandon by the shoulders and kiss him on the cheek. My heart pounds furiously in my chest, and I pray he doesn't hear it. His eyes widen and he stays frozen, crimson, and my face is probably red too. He looks at me, as if wondering what just happened and I laugh. I begin to walk away.

Nikki: "Bye Brandon. See you later!!!"

Brandon smiles and waves, still half spaced out. It makes me ecstatic to know that I have that kind of effect on him. I walk to the nurse's office with Chloe and Zoey as we talk.

Chloe: "OMG! You two are obviously in love with each other! You should just tell him!!!" Chloe smiles and jumps around me.

Zoey: "I totally agree." Zoey grins mischievously.

They begin singing "Brandon and Nikki sitting in a tree.....🎶" in unison and begin smiling at me.

Nikki: "Guys!!!"

I cross my arms angrily but can't help but smile at their silly antics. We laugh and talk all the way to the nurse's office.