The Confession (STILL CONTINUED)

Nikki's Point Of View

I call my mom to make sure she knows I'm heading to Fuzzy Friends and that I'll see her soon. I wait for Brandon outside of school near the entrance after I let her know. Brandon takes a few minutes by the eventually comes to the entrance. He sees me and waves. He starts running towards the side of the entrance. I smile when he finally makes it to me.

Nikki: "What took you so long, slow poke?"

Brandon: "Very funny, Nikki...." He says this as sarcastically as he can but I can still see the smile on his face.

Nikki: "Well, anyways, let's head to Fuzzy Friends. I can't wait to help out." And I really can't. Animals are so adorable!!!!

Brandon smiles and nods.

Brandon: "Race you to the end of the block." As he says this he's already running past me.

Nikki: "Hey! That's not fair! Cheater!"

I grin and laugh as I try to catch up with him. We run all the way to the block but Brandon ends up winning against me by a foot. He puffs up his chest and laughs a weird sounding laugh. He tried to make his voice sound manly as he says the next words:

Brandon: "Who is the slowpoke now, weakling!" He points at me, his chest still puffed out.

I just laugh my heart out at his silliness. Brandon sees me laughing and tries to keep standing like that but he eventually cracks up with me. I was nervous at first about going with Brandon to Fuzzy Friends again, but now the whole thought seems silly. I smile and he smiles back.

We laugh and talk all the way until we reach Fuzzy Friends. He seems to get a little more nervous as we near the building. I wonder what's making him so flustered.

We go inside and see Betty. I wave and quicken my pace to the desk.

Betty: "It's nice to see you Nikki. Hello Brandon. What brings you to this lovely part of town?"

Nikki: "We wanted to volunteer some help. Can we?"

Betty: "Sure sweetie. And thanks so much again for what you did for this place."

Nikki: "There's no need to thank me. I just wanted to help out. I'm glad everything worked out too."

Betty smiles and shifts some papers around. She picks up a piece of paper on the side of her that seems to have some stuff written on it. She seems to look at it for a moment until she decides she found what she wants to do.

Betty: "Well it's about time to feed the dogs and refill their water. Up to the task?" She raises her eyebrows and grins at us.

Nikki and Brandon: "Yes ma'am!"

We all laugh and Betty tells us what to do and we go outside. Brandon explains to me that he'll take the pictures once we're done feeding and giving water to the dogs.

We walk outside and bring the dogs to the backyard and lock the gate behind us. We gather the bowls and put them in their proper places. We place water in the bowls first. Then we prepared to put the food in. The dogs bark excitedly as we pour some of the food in their bowls. Once we're all done, we sit outside the gate on a bench to take a small break before we take some pictures.

I look at Brandon and see he's scrolling through his camera. I peek over at him. He's already taken a couple of pictures of us feeding the dogs! That sneaky....well, dog.

Nikki: "Hey you took pictures without me knowing!!!" I put my hands on my hips and try to pout.

Brandon: "What? I just wanted to take some pictures of you in action."
He smiles and chuckles at the pictures.

I end up laughing along side him. We both laughed really hard and smiled. I found myself blushing at his beautiful face smiling. Butterflies form in my stomach. Darn! I hate it when he does that to me!

Suddenly Brandon's face turns a serious, but he's still slightly smiling. He smiles at the pictures for a moment, then puts down his camera. He looks up at me, his face almost a crimson red. He shifted in his seat for a bit before clearing his throat.

Brandon: "Umm..Nikki?"

I stop staring at him for a second and look into his eyes.

Nikki: "Yes Brandon?"

Brandon: "I've been meaning to tell you something for a long time. I understand if you don't feel the same way, but........."

Brandon bites his lip for a second, and I think to myself is he confessing to me? But I shake off the thought and continue to listen intently.

Brandon: "I've actually liked you for a long time now, and I understand if you don't want to, but will you be my gir-"

Nikki: "Yes, Brandon, Yes!

I cut off Brandon before he can say another word. I grab him and pull him into a hug and he seems shocked as he returns my embrace. I can't believe he's confessed to me. Of all the people he could have loved, it was me...