The Beginning of The End (Continued)

Nikki's Point of View
I hope for a better day when I wake up in the morning. The dreams caused such troubles for me, I barely slept at all. I really fell hard for Brandon Roberts. He drives me insane and it scares me, but I still love him. I have to show him I love him. He won't leave me, and I try to convince myself of this as I get to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~at school~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk cautiously into the school, hoping that Mackenzie won't see me while I'm getting things from my locker. Instead of Mackenzie waiting by my locker though, I see Brandon, leaning his back against the locker. He's looking down and his bangs fall across the side of his face. He's beautiful, and I want to believe with all my heart that he'll never leave me for someone else. I walk quietly towards him and he looks up. He looks at me with cautious and careful eyes, as if he's afraid I'll walk the other direction.

I sigh, and smile. I want to tell him about Mackenzie, but I feel like it would only be a burden to out upon his shoulders. He gives me a small crooked smile and surprises me by grabbing me by the shoulders and bringing me in. My face lays atop his chest and I smell the familiar and calming scent of licorice and fabric softner. I wonder how he makes me so at ease, while also making my heart almost implode. He holds me tight and whispers to me:

Brandon: "I had a terrible dream about you hating me. I thought you would leave me. I couldn't sleep last night, and I'm afraid. I love you, and..."

Before he can continue any further, I push myself back from him, I bring my lips to his, and I make him stop. I didn't want to hear him talk about me leaving. I didn't want him to leave me, and I know he wouldn't. I wouldn't leave him anytime soon either. I decided I needed to tell him. We need to solve this problem together. I couldn't handle it if he left me. Now that I had him, I never ever wanted him to be gone. I tried to show him how I felt. I could feel people staring, but I didn't care. I loved him, and he lived me, and nothing could change that. Not even Mackenzie.

We catch our breath and I grab him by his chin. I look him in the eyes and run my fingers along his jawline. I sigh and begin telling him what happened. He nods as I explain to him each and every situation, and his eyes become angry from time to time, fury bubbling like hot lava in them.

When I'm done explaining what happened these last few days, he leans himself against the locker further. Finally, after what seems like centuries, he looks to me.

Brandon: "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Nikki: "I didn't want to worry you, but I realized you should know too. If it's going to be a problem for you took I decided it wouldn't be good to only carry it upon my own shoulders. Sorry if it seems selfish."

Brandon just shakes his head and laughs softly.

Brandon: "I don't blame you, Nikki. None of this was your fault. I would have kept it from you too at first."

I smile. He's so forgiving and I can't help the pounding of my heart in my chest. I lean on the locker next to him, and lay my head on his shoulder. We stay like this for awhile, as if thinking about this. I finally speak up.

Nikki: "I had bad dreams too. I dreamt you didn't like me after all and it was all some cruel joke and you would leave me. I became so scared. I know now that you won't leave me. I trust you through and through, Brandon. Do you trust me well too?"

I bring my head off his shoulder and look into his eyes, waiting for his answer. He looks at me with wide eyes but eventually just smiles.

Brandon: "I trust you more than I've ever trusted another human being."

I smile and we walk to class, separating from one another again. As I walk away from Brandon, my last thoughts were that maybe this really will work out.

Author Message: I was able to post something today. I don't know if I'll post anything else, but I'll try my best. I'll also try to update other stories too. Thanks for supporting me.