The Confession (Continued)

Nikki's Point Of View

I ended up going home to Brianna and she ended up giving quite a tasty treat. I really, truly enjoyed it. My sister can be annoying sometimes, but I still love her. I flopped down on my bed and sighed. I stare up at the ceiling. I wonder what Brandon is doing right now. I wonder why he wants to meet me tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed him on the cheek. I find myself smiling and blushing simply thinking of the moments we had only a few hours ago. I wonder what Brandon thinks of it all. Does he actually like me? No, that's impossible. I sigh and turn over on my bed. I need to distract myself.

I get up and turn on the TV. I surf through the channels until I find what I'm looking for. I turn up the Tyra Banks show and lose myself in the drama of the episode.

Shortly after the amazing show, my mom tells us to get ready for bed right after we finish our homework. I barely remember having math homework. I groan and grab my homework out of my bag. I start doing my homework, already off to a rough start.

After a LONG and tiring time of trying to finish my math homework, I finally do it. I get up to prepare myself for bed. I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon, and the curiosity is practically killing me. I brush my teeth, wash my face, and brush my hair out a bit. I head to bed with eagerness for tomorrow morning.

~~~~~~~~~~morning~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up a little later than usual and quickly take a shower. I swear I made a new record putting on my favorite clothes so quickly this morning. I brush out my hair quickly and put it up in its usual hair-do. I quickly brush by teeth and wash my face. I go to school as fast as I can.

I barely make it to school with some minutes to spare. I walk quickly to my locker and see Mackenzie, probably adding more layers to her already lipgloss-covered lips. I try to get my things as quietly as I can to prevent talking to her, but she notices me with her beady eyes through the mirror.

Mackenzie: "Hey Nikki. I couldn't help by notice you by your hideous fashion sense." She snarls and grins.

Nikki: "If mines hideous than yours should be frighteningly ugly." I don't know why I retorted like this today, but I ended up smacking her with my comment.

Mackenzie just flips her hair across her shoulder and gives me a glare. She continues to apply her lip gloss. I grab my books and I see Brandon walking down the halls. He sees me and quickens his pace. I smile and wave at him as he approaches me. Unfortunately, Mackenzie beats me to him.

Mackenzie: "Hey Brandon. Have you thought about my offer for Saturday?" Mackenzie says this while twirling her hair around her finger flirtatiously and fluttering her eyelashes.

I don't know what this whole offer for Saturday is about. Wait.....Are they dating? No, they can't be.

Brandon: "Sorry Mackenzie, but I'm busy that weekend." Brandon seems a little annoyed.

Ok, at this point I'm not sure. But I can't ask him. Because then he'll know.

Mackenzie: "But-"

Before Mackenzie can say a word Brandon grabs a hold of my hand and drags me with him. I barely get a hold of my things and smack my locker closed. He takes me with him around the corner of the hall. I look at our hands, and they're still together. He seems to realize this and blushes as he lets go of my hand slowly.

Brandon: "Sorry Nikki. Are we still meeting after school?"

Nikki: "Of course Brandon. I asked my mom and she said okay. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I really wouldn't. I smile and stare at him for a moment. We both end up staring for a long time until he finally clears his throat.

Brandon: "Well, I guess we should head to class..."

Nikki: "I guess we should. See you in Bio."

Brandon smiles. We say goodbye to each other and I run to class.