A New Beginning (Yes STILL continued)

Brandon's Point Of View

I wonder what's wrong with Nikki. I know I let her brush it off, but I'm still worried. Does she not want to be my girlfriend after all? I hope with all my heart that she truly wants to be. I should ask her after school.

I walk to my class in a hurry and sit down, hoping Nikki is okay.

~~~~~~~~~Bio~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see Mackenzie in the back of the class talking to her friend Jessica. She's not going to hurt Nikki, is she? It would kill me to see Nikki get hurt. My mind wanders to dark places. My dangerous thoughts just add more weight to the already heavy worries on my shoulders.

I sigh and sit next to Nikki, forcing a smile on my face, even though I've been worrying all day. She sees me and taps my shoulder. I turn to her and she seems to be concerned. She asks in a soft voice:

Nikki: "You okay, Brandon? Are you feeling sick?"

My eyes widen. She seems genuinely worried for me. My worries about her leaving me fade from my mind. I feel a huge weight lift off my shoulders. Even then, I'm still worried for her. I shake my head no. She shakes her head lightly and brings her hand up to my forehead.

My eyes widen and I can feel a little heat rise to my face. I look to Nikki and she's blushing almost crimson. I grin a little because of her reaction..She looks me in the eyes, as if she's searching them. She nods and slowly brings her hand down from my forehead.

Nikki: "No fever. If your not sick, what's got you so gloomy, Brandon?"

I sigh and hold my head in my hands.

Brandon: "It's because of this morning. I was so worried you didn't want to be with me.."

Nikki looks at me with her eyes widened. She grabs my chin and holds it close to her face. She looks me in the eyes closely. She holds her palm against my cheek now, and tries to reassure me.

I never thought of Nikki being so serious. As she looks at me with her beautiful eyes, I know in my heart that she loves me before she can even say a word.

Nikki: "Nothing could make me happier than being with you." She blushes a little as she continues. "Know that you never need to worry about me leaving you. I promise I'll trust you. Promise you'll trust me?"

She looks at me expectantly, her face almost crimson. My heart pounds and I swear it's going to burst. I smile and sigh. Out of any girl I could've wanted, Nikki is the best. I see the teacher coming down the hall and answer without any further hesitation.

Brandon: "Always."

As I say this, I see Mackenzie staring at Nikki. My worries rise back to the surface for a moment, but I know that I should trust Nikki and she can trust me. Nothing can break us apart...I hope.

Nikki smiles and whispers something in my ear.

Nikki: "I love you."

She grins and organizes her things on her desk. I sit, shocked for a second, even though I shouldn't be, and quickly organize my things just as the teacher walks in. The last thing I want is to lose Nikki.