Is This The End (You get it)

Nikki's Point of View

I waited for Brandon to explain everything and listened. The principal nodded every once and a while and wrote stuff down in a notepad on the corner of his desk.

I was listening and was horrified at what had happened. I can't believe Mackenzie would go that far. If Brandon hadn't trusted me, who knows what would have happened? Would I have lost him? The thought sends a jolt of fear running through but I quickly shake off the thought. The next following words take me by surprise through:

Brandon: "I will not deny that I slapped Mackenzie in my fit of anger, but I feel I had all the reason too."

I can feel my eyes widen. I can't believe he actually did that. I'm both happy and scared that he would actually do that to Mackenzie for me. I know he loved me, but this was a lot to take in. What were we going to do? Brandon still had a good chance of getting in major trouble for slapping another student, especially a female.

I try not to worry about that for the time being and continue to listen as intently as I can.

Brandon continues the story, explaining how he had said bad things to her and left her to save me from the sexual harassment that was inflicted on me. How he had pulled me out and held me away from him. He didn't deny that he got selfishly angry at him and yelled at him too. I know how the rest of the story planned out.

Now that I think about it, who was that guy who harassed me? And why isn't he here with us? This is just unfair. This man sexually harassed me. I bet you it's all because of Mackenzie's stupid like saying he was innocent and that I was cheating. Why did she even protect that other guy? Unless......unless....Mackenzie had something to do with how I got harassed! That nasty little woman. I need evidence before I can do anything, though.

Principal Winston finally finished taking notes and looks towards me.

Winston: "Miss Maxwell. Please tell your side of this jumbled-up story?"

I take a deep breath in and a exhale. I had to make sure to catch each and very detail. I didn't really want to relive what happened and tell my story in such a raw state, but I really had no choice. I look to Brandon and he smiles softly. He mouthes words to me: "It's going to be okay."

He grabs my hand from under this seat and grasps it tightly. I smile softly and take a deep breath again, imagining myself filling with strength. I look up to Principal Winston.

Nikki: "Okay sir."

I tell the story in as much detail as possible and feel Brandon's hand grasp mine tighter than before from time to time. I can't imagine how hard this must be on him. The thought saddens me for a while but I quickly shake it off, continuing with the story.

The Principal nods and takes notes as I speak and my heart pounds. I feel like I'm in a courtroom being accused of murder. I imagine myself taking a seat in the witness stand, and Principal Winston decides my final verdict. We are all being tried for murder.

I feel like glass, so fragile that if I'm so much disturbed once, I will break. I'm nervous, but I finally finish the last sentence and take a deep breath.

The principal sits up in his chair and sighs.

Winston: "That is all for today. I will do what I can about the video. For now, I will decide what might happen to you. Depending on the stories you've told."

We wait and the tension is so thick you could probably cut it with a knife.

Winston: "Brandon, you are going to be punished for hurting another student on school grounds. You will be suspended for two days if your stories are true. Nikki, you will be given compensation if your story is true. Mackenzie, you will be given compensation, but you might also be punished for provoking another student."

Winston takes a deep breath and looks around at all of us. This is our verdict. I feel a huge burden get lifted off my shoulders. Brandon's not leaving. I look at him, and he seems just as relived as me. He looks towards me, his smile uneasy but relieved. I look at Mackenzie and the look on her face is priceless. She looks like she's the angriest person on earth. I bring up some thing else I almost forgot to say just before the principal gets up.

Nikki: "Principal Winston? I almost forgot something,"

He looks and me and raises his eyebrows.

Winston: "And what exactly is that, Miss Maxwell?"

Nikki: "I have reason to believe Mackenzie hired the boy who assaulted me to hurt me. He said he had heard that I wanted him. The only person I had ever had any conflict with is Mackenzie, and I couldn't have told my friends, because they were on a trip. I'm sorry to make a last minute accusation, sir, but I truly believe it's true. Can you check of Mackenzie has done that as well?"

He looks at me and studies my face as if trying to tell if I was lying or not. He sighs.

Winston: "If it happened outside of school, I have no proof of the accusation you're making. But if I find evidence, ma'am, I assure you I will make sure it is resolved."

He tells us to leave and we leave with heavy silence swimming in the air. Mackenzie doesn't look happy at all. She mouthes something to me.

Mackenzie (mouthes): "This isn't over."

I look down and try to forget what just happened. Brandon squeezes my hand and kisses my forehead. I give him a weak smile and he points ahead of him.

Chloe and Zoey are running towards us. The girls grasp me in a huge hug and I feel tears rush down my face. I was so relieved. This isn't over completely, but at least I have Brandon now. I love him.

The girls cry too, and I see Brandon smiling softly as he watches us.

Chloe and Zoey talk between sniffles.

Chloe: "What on earth....happened?"

Zoey: "We were.....so worried, Nikki!"

Nikki: "It's okay. None of us are leaving. But we still don't know for sure how we will be punished."

Chloe: "Tell us everything!!! We need more info, girl!"

Zoey nods and let's go. Chloe slowly let's go of me and wipes her tears. Zoey crosses her arms and the girls look at me expectantly.

I sigh.

This is gonna take awhile. Brandon smiles and grabs a hold of my hand. I look to him and smile. He squeezes my hand for what seems like the thousandth time that day. My hand should be broken!!! Haha.

Brandon: "It's a another long story. You got time?"

The girls nod. Brandon looks at me and nod. He smiles and chuckles softly. He sends my heart racing, even though we were just in what could possibly have been the worst situation ever. Man, he has ways of doing that in so many ways it both sends happiness through me and frustrates me.

We begin to tell our tale.