A New Beginning (STILL Continued)

Nikki's Point Of View

Today had to be the BEST. DAY. EVER! Brandon is my boyfriend now. I still can't believe he chose me, even when he had MACKENZIE to choose from. Nothing can ruin this day! I hope.

I walk into my room and do my Snoopy happy dance. I even smile at the dinner table the whole time while I'm eating! Yeah......My parents were kind of freaked out. Even Brianna's messy eating didn't bother me! And that's saying something.

I head to bed with my head in the clouds.

~~~~~~~the next day~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, and the memories from yesterday flood into my mind. I pray that it isn't a dream. I look at my phone, and my heart soars past the clouds and into heaven.

Brandon: See you at school today. Love you...

I quickly text back.

Nikki: I love you too! See you on school.

I smile and squeal. I can't believe it! It wasn't a dream!!! I rush to take a shower and get dressed, excited to see Brandon at school today.

OMG! I almost forgot! I have to tell Chloe and Zoey! They'll be so psyched! Maybe Theo and Marcus will confess to them next!!!

I finish getting ready and grab my things. I don't forget my diary and phone. I dash to school and walk to my locker. I see Mackenzie at the locker, as always, putting on her lipgloss for the thousandth time.

I attempt to grab my things quietly, but all in vain. She sees me through her mirror.

Mackenzie: "Hey dork. Again with the ugly clothing? Do you have no fashion sense?"

Nikki: "No, but I'm starting to think you do."

Of course I say it in my mind this time because at this point I really don't want to start something. Is it too much to ask for a ONE day of none of Mackenzie's drama?

Mackenzie glares and snickers at me. She turns back around, satisfied with her insult, and continues applying her lipgloss.

I sigh and grab my books from my locker. I stuff them in my bag and close my locker. I'm about to start walking to class when I see Brandon. He sees me and I wave as I walk towards him. I smile, and for some reason I feel a little nervous around him. Luckily, I don't seem like the only one who's nervous.

Nikki: "Hi, Brandon. Good morning...."

Brandon: "Hey, Nikki. Want me to walk you to class?"

Nikki: "You don't mind?"

Brandon: "No."

He grabs my hand and I blush. His hand is warm in mine. We start walking at a slow pace. I look up at him and see that he's blushing too. I smile and kiss him on the cheek. He turns crimson. I laugh and look off into the hall.

Nikki: "Glad this wasn't a dream...."

Brandon's eyes widen and he looks at me. He shakes his head and smiles at me.

Brandon: "Me too, Nikki."

Just as we're halfway to my class, I see Mackenzie glaring at us. I look away uncomfortably. Brandon notices my sudden change, and asks me about it.

Brandon: "Are you okay Nikki? You seem a little uncomfortable. Am I holding your hand to hard."

He blushes hard and weakens his grip on my hand. I smile and laugh.

Nikki: "Don't worry, your not hurting me. In fact, I'm glad I'm your girlfriend."

I tighten my hand around his and grin.

Brandon: "Are you sure your okay?"

I want to tell him about Mackenzie, but don't have the strength to yet. I simply smile and nod. He sighs and smirks at me.

Brandon: "I'll find out eventually, Nikki. I will find you...." He says this in a spooky voice, but can still see the concern in his eyes.

I just roll my eyes.

Nikki: "Oh no, I'm so scared." I laugh and grin at him.

Brandon just chuckles and brings his bangs out of his eyes. We get to my class and I give him a quick kiss before I go. I blush and say my farewells until Bio.