Is This The End (Continued)

Brandon's Point of View

A long time passes while we talk. Luckily, it was study hall period for us.

Nikki: "And that's what happened."

Chloe and Zoey look at us with wide eyes. Their eyes shift between Nikki and I for what seems like hours before they speak.

Chloe: "You should've told me it was THAT long, because then I would of brought some popcorn...and some gummy bears."

Zoey: "I thought I had problems. But you got an epidemic! How do you get mixed up in drama so quickly?"

Nikki just rolls her eyes.

Nikki: "Guys! Be serious!!"

She says in a funny little girl voice. I smile and reach out to hold her hand. I slowly intertwine our hands and I see a small smile creep up on Nikki's face that makes me ecstatic.

Zoey raises her eyebrows at us and I look away, probably blushing. Nikki shushes them and I laugh. I stop laughing and try to ask them a question in between soft chuckles.

Brandon: "What are....we going...to do?"

Chloe and Zoey look at each other, and then Nikki. Chloe and Zoey and finally seem to come up with a verdict and whisper to Nikki, but I can't hear it. They smile and giggle as they talk to Nikki softly. I watch and wait quietly for her reaction.

First her eyes widen, and then she yell-whispers "NO!" I see her turning crimson quickly. I look to her and the last thing I see is Nikki's face coming closer to mine. I feel Nikki's lips crash against mine and I almost jump back. I feel my eyes widen and heat rising to my face. It reminds me of when I kissed Nikki at the listening party, and how surprised she was. My heart pounds in my chest and I stay frozen. I never thought I'd be given a surprise kiss too.

Chloe and Zoey grin and giggle.

Nikki slowly stops kissing me and softly removed her lips from mine. Her cheeks are as red as a tomato's and her eyes seemed shy and shifty.

I look down, still surprised. I'm sure I'm also crimson, and my heart still beats at a dangerous rate as I look away. I glance at Nikki front time to time. I'm her boyfriend, yet I'm so shy. I should man up...

Nikki stops glancing at me and looks at Chloe and Zoey.

Nikki: "I won't do that, but I'll do that!"

I wonder what she's referring to but she just looks at me and shakes her head as if saying, 'Don't ask please.' I smile and kiss her back. I hear Chloe and Zoey giggling their heads off, but I don't care.

I let go slowly. Nikki scowls at me but she's grinning. I smile.

Zoey: "That's enough PDA for me, guys. Hilarious, but you're making us singles feel bad."

Chloe nodded and crossed her arms. I chuckle softly and look at Nikki. She's smiling and holding my hand softly. She slowly lets go and looks at me, grinning from ear to ear. My heart still pounds in my chest fiercely as was hear the period bell ring.

Nikki: "OMG! We took so much time! Let's discuss at lunch or after school!"

She quickly kisses my cheek and runs to her locker. Chloe and Zoey aren't far behind her. I smile and run to my class, trying to avoid the mob of kids I know is coming.

I walk into my classroom quickly and take a seat. I take out my pencil and notebook and silently wait for class to start. I see the teacher come in and put down his things.

I sigh and prepare myself for class.

~~~~~~Bio~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see Nikki sitting down and she gestures for me to sit down when she sees me. I can see Mackenzie shooting icicles from her eyes into the back of Nikki's head, and I'm sure Nikki can feel it too. I try to smile as I place down my bag next to me. Nikki passes me a note silently, and urges me with her expression to read it as I set down my things. I look at her then begin reading.

Nikki's Note: Ignore Mackenzie. We'll talk after school. Chloe, Zoey and I decided to do something. Do you have anything important to do after school?

I think silently. I finished my math homework, thank God, so that's cleared up. Do I have any photography assignments? I don't think so right now.

I quickly reply.

Brandon's Note: I'm free. Can't wait to hear the plan.

She silently nods after reading the note I passed down to her. The teacher glances at us, but doesn't seem to notice the small piece of paper between us. I smile and give a thumbs-up to Nikki who quickly replied with a thumbs-up as well. I wonder what the plan is.

I ponder on this the entire time I'm writing notes. If only I knew what's coming....