The Confession (Yes still continued)

Brandon's Point Of View

I ran into Nikki and Mackenzie this morning and Mackenzie tried to invite me out again. Out of panic, I grabbed Nikki and ran. Nikki and I talked for a bit and we agreed we were meeting after school. I was both nervous and eager for this afternoon. I walk to class with haste.

I walk into the classroom and place my stuff down on my desk. I take out my pencils and erasers and got ready for class, eager to get it over with.
~~~~~~~~~~in Bio~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk into bio and see Nikki is already there in class. She's sitting down in her seat, wearing a pretty sweater/dress and black leggings. She has her hair up in a high ponytail and some earrings on. I catch myself staring for a moment and shake my head, smiling. She finally sees me and looks up from whatever she was doing.

Nikki: "Hi Brandon." Nikki smiles and I swear I think she's blushing.

Brandon: "Hey Nikki." I say, waving, and heading to my seat.

Nikki shifts in her seat and makes sure there's room for me to sit next to her. I sit down and put down my stuff next to me. I take out my notebook and pencil. Nikki taps me lightly before class begins.

Nikki: "I never knew why you wanted me to meet up with you. Why do you want to see me at Fuzzy Friends?"

I didn't see this question coming, although I should've expected it. I couldn't just say I asked her out for no reason. I stay dumbfounded for a moment and I must've seemed spaced out because she waved her hands in my face.

Nikki: "Brandon? Are you there?"

I desperately try to come up with some thing and say it to her. I obviously can't say I want to confess to her. I come back to Earth.

Brandon: "Oh sorry Nikki. Oh, and the reasons because so we can......take a few photos together for my photo scrapbook!"

I cringe inwardly at the statement. I said the last part really quickly, barely coming up with it on the spot. Although taking photos does sound like a lot of fun....I almost space out for a moment but Nikki keeps me down to Earth before I can.

Nikki: "Oh cool. Next time we should bring everyone after school to take photos. Wouldn't that be fun?"

I smile at her idea. She really is a great person.

Brandon: "That'd be awesome. Maybe next week."

Nikki nods and smiles. The bell rings and the teacher comes in. She starts giving us notes on a new scientific term this week. I take notes for awhile than steal a glance at Nikki. She's writing some things down in pen. I see drawings on the side of her notebook and smile. Nikki suddenly stops writing and looks my way. I feel the heat rise to my face and try to pretend I wasn't looking. She looks away and gets back to whatever she was doing, and I see her blush a little. I smile to myself as if this is some sort of victory. :)

When we are finished with the notes, she gives us an assignment to complete with out partners on the terms we've learned in the past three days. (It's Wednesday.)

I turn to Nikki and she smiles. We begin our assignment and talk a bit while we're completing it.

Nikki: "So...how have you been?"

Brandon: "I've been good. How about you?"

Nikki: "I've been good too. I'll be getting to Fuzzy Friends right after school by the way, okay?"

She looked at me expectantly, easing her eyebrow comically. I just nodded and laughed at her little joke. I puffed up my chest and saluted her.

Brandon: "Yes ma'am!"

Nikki tried to keep a straight face but couldn't help but laugh and smile as she replied.

Nikki: "Good soldier!"

We both laughed and smiled. The teacher spotted us and we quickly set back to doing our work, grinning from ear to ear.