Chapter 8 : Congratulations

Chanhee's POV

It's been months since I transfered here. They showed my what friends are for. I joined the math competition for the school division. Luckily, I got the first place that's why I made it to the regionals.

For the regionals league, I am so nervous since all of the competitors are so smart. I even doubted myself to win. But  I made it to the top three. That's why I made it up to the national league.

This is it. The start of my dream. I always dreamt of competinf for the National Math Challenge League. I tried my best to study and to strive hard for the championship award.

All of my effors paid off asI won the Nationals League. I won first place.

I really don't think I can do this. This is also because of the love and support that The Boyz gang gave to me. They went to all of my competitions. They always cheer for me when our school is on screen.

"I knew that you can do it Chanhee!" Jacob shouted as the buzzer rang to start to solve the problem.

The thing is. This is my last shot. I always use my ability to calculate on my head rather than jotting down the numbers. Jotting down may cause me to spend much time.

"Okay. 7689+5643+98+78+68+5+19090+64+5+25+43+445+761=???" The annoouncer said.

It just took me 3 seconds to solve it while the others are just jotting it down. Chanhee. I hope you got the right answer. This is your last chance. Last question. Just to end this tie breaker.

I immediately pressed my own buzzer.

"Yes. Montclair High?"

I tooka deep breath before saying my answer out loud.

"The answer is 33,996."

The co competitors were so shocoed about how I added those numbers so fast.

Well. I didn't show my mental ability for all the leagues. I just used that inthis last question.

"'Montclair High. It's correct! Congratulations! We have our winner for this Nationals Math Challenge League. It's Montclair High!"

I was so shocked of what just happened. I suddenly received a hug from a man. I looked at his face and I saw him.

Younghoon hugging me.

I looked at his back and I saw the other members were running towards us.

"You did it! You did it Chan! You did it!" Younghoon said as he hugged me moree tighter.

The othees joined our hug afterwards.

"Excuse me. Mr. Choi Chanhee from Montclair High. We just want to present this award more formal. Please stand in the center."

I walked towards the center and I passed my opponent, Kyungho. He is so smart too. He offered his hand for a handshake which I accepted.

"Congratulations Choi." Kyungho said to me.

"Thanks." I replied as I walked towards the center.

"Now. May I present to you, to the whole Koreans who are also watching this live broadcast. May I present you, The Math Challenge Winner for this years National Math Chanllenge League, Choii Chanhee from Montclair High!"

I bowed down politelyas I received the trophy. I bowed down also to the people around that is cheering for me.

"Thank you so much. I'm not really expectingto win. I just did my best. But I don'tthink I can do this wothout my friends. Everyone. May I present to you, my so supportiing friends. They helped me to review, they helped me to gain my confidence again. They really helped me to build the Chanhee that is speaking in front of you right now. K also would liketotake this opportunity to thank Mr. Jinsung, our school principal who asked me to join to this competition. I'm so thankful to have a great school with great classmates, great teachers and great staffs. Also, to those who are bullied, just look forward to your dream. Strive to get it. You'll be able to do it. This trophy, is not just for me. But also to these guys beside me. Thank you so much again."

I left the center stage as I walked towards the gang. They held the trophy with me. I noticed that Younghoon wants to be beside me.

I am so surprised on what he have done after that.

He kissed my forehead.

My gay radar starts to malfunction on what he have done. There are cameras that caught the kiss.

After the awarding the school principal called us.

"Hell. Mr. Jinsung?"

"Congratulations Chanhee. You deserved it."

"Thank You sir."

"Well. I called to tell to you that because Chanhee won, you guys will have a trip. to relax. I know that these past weeks of preparation stresses you guys out. Not just Chanhee but all of you. Now, you'll have. a one week trip to a healing site  near the mountains. We prepared activities for you guys to unwind. We'll pay everything. Just go home now, pack your things, and we'll pick you up tomorrow at 6 am."

"Sir. Can you pick us at Jacob's convenience store? We'll have our overnight stay there this night so you won't be tired in fetching us from our homes." Younghoon said.

"Okay. The location of pick up is set. Goodbye students. Have a safe trip going home."

We hung up.

"Yah. We don't have clothes!" Changmin shouted as he smacked Yohnghoon's arm.

"That's why we need to go home. Pack our things for our one week Unwinding Trip and bring some extra clothes too." . Sangyeon hyung told us.

"Okay hyung."

We bid our goodbyes as. I went home.

"Yah. Chanhee. Congrats." My mom said as I entered the house.

It's my. first time hearing my mom telling congratulations to me.

"Mom. I have something to ask."

"I don't have money here!"

"No. It's just. We will have a. one week unwinding trip because I won. And. we will travel tomorrow. We willnot pay anything I promise. I just need to go to my friend's place because they will pick us up there."

"Go on. Hope you won't get home. Just stay there permanently."

I looked down as I walked towards my room. Ipacked my things in my luggage. I also packed extra clothes in case. After I packed, I immediately went ouut. of the house and went to Jacob's place. The others are also there too. I guess I'm not that late.

------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

An update!!!! I orriginally going to post tjis last Wednesday, thhe same date for my birthday. But things happened. Online classes just started that day also. That's why I posted this today, whichh is my free time.

Anyways. That's all for this update. Goodbye!~