Chapter Three: An Unexpected New Life

(Few weeks later)

Eight's POV:

After a few weeks - I think, since there's no calendar - the nightmares have gotten worse. Five's been trying his best to help me. We found the date went this apocalypse happened.

April 1st, 2019

We now wonder how this happened? Apart from that, Five found a piece of a wall and used a chalk to figure out a way to go back home. I helped him do it a little.

Five left to go and find more food. Leaving me alone and nothing to do, but work on the equation a little more.

I got bored and tired and decided to take a break from the equation. I wanted to practice more with my powers.

I tried with little rocks, it kinda worked. Most of the time I would make it disappear and I would reappear above me, hitting my head.

"Oww," I said as I rubbed my head.

"Why is this so difficult?" I whisper to myself.

As I practiced more, I finally got it and make the rocks disappear and reappear to where I wanted it to.

"Yes!" I say.

I looked to see a rock much bigger then the other's. Almost bigger then my hand.

I wanted to challenge myself and tries to make the rock disappear.

I tried and tried, but nothing happened. I sighed in frustration and took a deep breath, I closed my eyes.

I needed to concentrate about what I wanted to disappear.

As I had my hands around the rock I felt a strange vibration in my head. I think I was feeling the rock's  strength. It felt pretty strong.

I concentrated more. I suddenly opened my eyes and the rock disappeared. I put my hand to the side and the rock reappeared there.

I smiled, but I suddenly felt tired and dizzy.

"Wow... that s-surely took a lot out of me," I shook my head to focus better.

After a few minutes, Five came with more canned food and a mannequin with no hair, no legs, and a black poke-a-dot shirt.

"I got more food! Also, I found this mannequin and I thought we could use the company," He smiled.

I gave him an concerned and confused look. Are we going insane already?

"I know it's dumb I just th-" I cut Five from his sentence.

"No, no Five. It's okay, it be nice to have more company," I said. Five smiled and sat next to me.

"What should we name her?" Five asked.

"How about... Delores?" I suggested.

"I like it," Five smiled.

Five put Delores down and I put my head on his shoulder. He put his head above mine.

———————————————————————

(Few hours later)

Eight's POV:

I could tell it was going to be night soon. Me and Five were eating some canned food it didn't taste that great, but at this point I was going to eating anything.

"Well, I'm done eating this awful food. I'm going to work on the equation," Five said as he stood up and started working on the equation.

"Okay," I say as I lean back.