Chapter Four: Working at the Commission

(Many Year's later)

Eight's POV:

As the years past, me and Five grew up. We are now is ours fifty's. I thought I looked too old and wrinkly, but Five always said to me that I will stop being beautiful. I kinda found that hard to believe, but who am I to disagree from Five's romantic words.

Five was away and I was alone with Delores. Delores became a bit part of our lives. She's always been a good person to talk to.

As I was reading a book, I heard Five coming back. I put an old book mark in my book.

"I'm back," He smiled.

"Hey," I smiled back.

I hear him chuckle and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Remember that old mansion just outside the city limits? Where we..." He asked as he gave me a cup of water in a silver goblet.

I nodded my head in response as I took a drink. I couldn't help but smirk also. Oh yes, I definitely remember.

"Well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched," He said. I almost choked on my drink.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I picked up a few cases of your and Delores' favorite Bordeaux," Five smiled.

"Aww, thank you, honey," I smiled at him and he smiled back.

Then, Five looked at Delores.

"Ah, that's an exaggeration. I don't drink too much." Five said to Delores. I kinda do agree with Delores though. I did like to drink too, but not like how Five drinks.

"You know I work hard all day. Why would you even say that?" Five asked Delores. I chuckled at their conversation.

Suddenly, I heard rumble fall. I put my cup down to look at Five. He heard it too.

Five quickly held his rifle. I quickly got a knife and held it out.

We saw a women with white hair, black dress, a gold bracelet, a little black hat, sunglasses, and a black briefcase.

She was waving at us, we just stood there confused. What the hell?

"Who the hell are you?" Five shouted at the woman.

"I'm here to help," The woman answered as she started to walk closer.

"Tell me why I shouldn't put a bullet through your head right now!" Five said.

"Because... if you did, you wouldn't hear the offer I about to make you two," The woman explained as she put the briefcase and took off her sunglasses.

"Which would be rather tragic, given your... current circumstances," The woman said as she sat on a side ways trash bin.

I still held the knife up, just to be safe.

"Oh don't worry, hun. I don't bite," The woman smiled at me. I slowly lowered the knife.

"I work for an organization called the Commission," She explained. "We are tasked with the preservation of the time continuum through manipulation and removals."

"I don't understand," Five said.

"Sometimes, people...make choices that alter time. Free will, don't get me started. When that happens, we dispatch one of our agents to...eliminate the threat." After she say that it caused me and Five to freak. We quickly put out weapons up again.

"No, no, no, no. You misunderstand me. You two are not targets. You're recruits. I've come to offer you a job, Number Five and Eight. We've had our eye on you both for quite some time. And we think you have a lot of potential."

"Your survival skills have made you quite celebrities back at headquarters. That and your ability to jump through time, Number Five. And your ability to disappear and reappear wherever, Number Eight."

"Your saying that we...we could actually leave here?" Five asked.

"We...we could go back?" I stutter a little. We could go back home...

"In return for five years of service. Once your contact is done, you can retire to the time and place of your choosing with a pension plan to boot."

"If you could alter time...why not just stop all this from ever happening?" Five asked.

"That's quite impossible, I'm afraid. You see...all of this, it was supposed to happen." The woman explained.

"That's insane. The end of everything?" Five said

"Not everything. Just the end of...something."

"So...do we have a agreement?" The woman asked as she held her hand out.

Five looked at me, then at Delores.

————————————————————————

Eight's POV:

From that day forward, we worked at the Commission with the 'Handler' as the woman called herself.

We spent most of our years so called 'fixing mistakes' me and Five killed a lot of people.

If I'm being honest, I hated it.

Then, Five finished the equation

We were standing behind a white fence, Five had his gun, pointing it at a person who was going to assault the President.

After a few minutes of waiting, Five put his gun down and got out the book Vanya wrote, where he had been writing the equation.

"Are you ready?" Five asked me.

I scoffed. "I been ready for a very long time."

Then, Five put his hands to fists and blue energy started to appear.

A portal soon opened.

We looked at it. Then suddenly, a fire extinguisher was thrown out of the portal. The both of us looked at it, confused.

We then put our hands together and nodded at each other.

We walked to the portal and tried to get through. After a few seconds... we went through.

(Word Count: 925)

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make it up for you in the next one.