Chapter Five: Back Home

Eight's POV:

We landed in the hard ground. I grunted in pain as I slowly got up. Couldn't we have landed on a soft spot?

"Does anyone else see Little Number Five and Eight, or is that just me?" I hear a very familiar voice say. I looked up to see all of our siblings. Alive, thank God.

But, I perplexed on what Klaus said and looked down as myself only to see my clothes were more oversized than before.

Wait a second.

I turn my head to look at Five as see his younger self. He looked at me in shock also. Fuck.

"Shit," Me and Five day in unison.

————————————————————————

Eight's POV:

"What's the date? The exact date," Five said to our very confused siblings.

"The 24th," Vanya answered.

"Of what?" Five asks

"March."

"Good," Five said as he gave me two pieces of bread.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther piped in.

We both ignored him and continued to do what we were doing. Making peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. Yum.

"It's been 17 years," Luther stood up.

I hear Five scoff. "It's been a lot longer than that," Five said then she spaced jumped behind Luther.

"I haven't missed that," Luther said coldly.

I turned invisible to grab marshmallows, than reappeared next to Luther startling him a little.

"Or that."

"Nice to see you too, Brother," I say sarcastically.

"Where'd you two go?" Diego asked wanting to get in the conversation.

"The future," Five answered as me spatial jumped next to me.

"It's very shirts, by the way," I add.

"Called it," Klaus piped in.

"I should've listened to the old man," Five said as he opened the fridge. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

As Five put the peanut butter on the table, he looked at Klaus, "Nice dress," Five complimented.

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus said.

"Wait, how did you two get back?" Vanya asked us.

"In the end, I had to project our consciousnesses forward into a suspended quantum state versions of ourselves that exists across every possible instance of time." Five explained

"That makes no sense," Diego said.

"Well, it would if you were smarter," I say to Diego, causing him stand up, but was stopped by Luther. I hear Five chuckle and I look at Diego with a cheeky smile.

"How long were you there?" Luther asked still holding Diego.

"Forty-five years. Give or take," Five answered.

Luther an Diego sat down.

"So what are you saying? You both are 58?" Luther questioned.

"No, our consciousnesses are 58. Apparently, our bodies are 13 again," Five explained.