Chapter Nineteen: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚗

Eight's POV:

Me and Five watch as Diego slowly gets up from being hit by a glass vase.

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?" Five asked.

Diego gets up, "Where is he?" He asks referring to Hazel.

"We let him go," I answer simply.

"You what?" Diego walked closer.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop," Five reasons.

Diego just looked at us before grabbing his knife on the floor.

"Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did," Five says.

"So what? They were both there that night," Diego reminds.

"This half of the partnership gave us both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene," Five explains. Diego walked close to the guns.

"Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on," He says.

"Not a chance."

I roll my eyes. What an idiot.

"Suit yourself," Five said as he picked up Delores and we start to walk away.

"I am curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?" Five asked.

"A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs," Diego answers.

I mentally gag, "Is this what all men care to see about women?" I ask.

"Not me," Five whispers before saying, "Anything a little more profound than that?" Five asks annoyed.

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the steets. She always saw the good inside," Diego explains.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory," Five says trying to make him feel guilty.

We both walk away.

"So what are we gonna do?" I ask as we left the room.

"You let someone go," Five answers looking at Delores. My eyes widen, knowing where we were going.

--------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

We walk in the department store where we found Delores and walked to a podium with four mannequins. I sighed in sadness, not wanting to let Delores go. She was my best friend. Even if she was a mannequin, she always knew how to make me smile like Five.

Five put down the duffel bag and opened it to reveal Delores.

"Hey," He says as he picked her up and put her down on empty space for her.

"I bet it feels good to be back... amongst your friends," I look at Delores in sorrow, "And it's okay, you can... say it. We always were an unlikely trio of friends," Five says. I chuckle and Five holds my hand.

"This isn't easy for us, Delores, and we..." Five trials off. I rub his hand and continue for him.

"We want you to know that we cherish every single moment we ever shared with you," I say

"All 23 and a half million of them," Five clarifies and I smile, "A lifetime. Now look at us. We're lucky enough, we get a second one."

We look at Delores and then we both chuckle.