Chapter Ten: Drunk As Skunks

Eight's POV:

Me and Five watched as Lance walked to his car with a dog in his hand. As he got in the car me and Five spatial jumped in his car. I was in the back where the dig was and Five was in the passenger seat.

"Oh, Jesus!" Lance exclaimed as he saw Five and me.

I put my hands on his shoulder to stop him from moving. Five held out a knife to his neck.

"One chance. That's all you've got. One chance to tell us exactly what's going on in that lab," Five explained.

"I... I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market," Lance explained.

"Including eyeballs?" I ask.

"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I-- I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

"So, the serial number we told you..." Five trailed off.

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off-- off the books," Lance finished.

"We needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and we need it now!" Five exclaimed.

"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The copy's in my safe at the lab," He explained.

"Well, you start the car, then," Five instructed.

"'Cause we're going on a field trip," I say sarcastically.

"Okay," He said quietly as I slowly let my hands off him and Five slowly puts the knife down.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

We walk to the building but the smell of smoke came and saw there was smoke coming from the building.

Five ran to the building I quickly ran after him.

"Five, wait!" I shout.

Me and him stop as we saw the building on fire.

Suddenly, a explosion came making me and Five fall to the ground.

I landed on my head, as I slowly open my eyes. All I hear in ringing. Also, I see glass. Just glass.

"What the hell?" I whisper.

"Eight.... Eight....... Eight!"

Suddenly, I see Five looking at me in worry.

"F-five?" I stutter from dizziness.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Y-yeah," I nod a I sit up.

We both look at the lab. It was destroyed.

Now we'll never find out who owns the eye.

---------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

"Where are their parents? I'm calling security," I hear a woman say.

I felt so dizzy and weird. Did I drink a whole bottle?

"Are they....?"

"Drunk as skunks."

I hear familiar voices, I turn my head a little to see two men. I couldn't really see who they were since my vision was a little blurry.

Suddenly, I felt someone pick me up and hold me in a bridal style. I get a closer look a thing person who was holding me.

"Diego?" I ask.