Chapter 30: Double Battle

After the fight with Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai victory over Coco Adel and Yatsuhashi Daichi. In an elegant twilit pavilion area of ivy-covered pillars, rounded archways and lion-decorated fountains, Weiss, Whitley Schnee, Y/n Ignasio and their elder sister Winter are sitting at a simple table with a plate full of croissants and strawberries. Winter is sipping from her teacup as Weiss repeats the news they was just told.

Weiss: "You're.. leaving?"

Winter: *setting her cup down* "Yes, I was merely needed to oversee the transport of additional unit to Vale. Our shipment was lost to an ambush. I believe you had a run-in with its cargo, actually. It's fortunate those Paladins were in the prototype stage; otherwise your team may not have fared so well. *as Weiss sighs and looks down dejectedly, she grabs her sister's hand reassuringly* "Weiss, brothers, you've done ... well, out here, on your own. You should be proud. I'll be honest, it was quite asuming seeing Jacque's face the day you left for Beacon."

Y/n: "Now that I wish I got to see."

Weiss: *straightening up and smiling now, arm crossed.* "I can't wait to show the word what I learned."

Whitley: "Me too!"

Winter: "Oh? Then what do you think you've all learned?"

Weiss: *not directly looking at her sister*  "What do you mean? I'm getting better and better with my glyphs! I've even stared Time Dilation!"

Whitley: "Big brother gave me the idea of how can change the temperture of my water manipution allowing to freeze and even boil!

Winter: *staring intently at her sibling* "And what of your summonings?"

Weiss: "I..." *sighs and looks away* "You know I can't"

Y/n: *gently hand chop Weiss on fore head* "Don't be ridiculous. Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generation. Hell even Whitley can use summon and he is younger than you.." The three older sibling looks at Whitley as he creates a water like glyph and summons his a blue water leviathan serpent. and pets it happily.

Weiss: *splaying her hands as she exasperatedly cries:* "I've tried! It's just.. it's the one thing I've been having trouble with! Besides you can't use summons yourself."

Y/n: "That's because my altered dna, my form of summons are different..." *sips his tea while everyone just looks at him shocked*

Winter: "What do you mean?"

Y/n: *sighs* "I can't perform summons in the traditional way like you all. Instead my semblance fire and wind mold the summoning when its in use. You know whenever I use Illuyanka's fury or Abyss Inferno...they are literally my form of summons. I basically make myself the summoning circle.." *looks at Weiss and give conforting smile* "Look sis, your Semblance is like muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But id you only focus on one aspect of it...If you fail to test the limits of what you what think is possible, then you'll never grow."

Weiss smiles at this display of powr she hopes to achieve.

(Timeskip)

Later Y/n was currently walking back to his dorm with Whitley. But as they were heading back a voice behind them causes them to stop.

Lance: *behind* "Well it would seem the pathetic lizard shows his face again."

Y/n and Whitley turn to and Y/n glares at the Valogias faunus: Lance Asto.

Y/n: "Lance...Asto.."

The two glares at each other flames surrounded the two as their rivalry is consider legendary, Whitley looks at the two not knowing what happen.