Chapter 35: Easing things down

Cinder P.o.V:

It had been a day since I had my date with Y/n. He had a charming personality, and a heart of honor and passion. One...that I had fallen in love with..but as I look at the pendant Y/n had given that day. I couldn't help but...be afraid....I am a mere servant...to Salem....and Y/n is a warrior on the side of Ozpin. I fear...that one we will be force to cross paths...and I fear...that one of will die...I can't let that happen.. 

I get up from my bed, catching Emerald and Mercury attention.

Emerald: "Hey Cinder, what's up?"

Mercury: *notice the necklace* "What's with the Necklace?"

I don't respond to my comrades, I pick up my scroll and began rearranging the matches.

Emerald and Mercury looked at each other confused.

Emerald: "Uh, Cinder?" What's wrong you spend days yesterday entering the matches."

I had finished rearranging the matches, I then went to a screen with a red background and a black queen piece... a virus that altering the matches to my needs. I then began to remove it.

Mercury: "Cinder! What are you doing?!"

I turned to Mercury and gave him a fierce full glare.

 "I'm done."

Emerald: "What do you mean you're done!?"

"I won't be Salem's pawn anymore! I'm not going to follow her plan anymore! Now you either stand with me, or go against me. I don't care, but I'm done."

My two friends look at each other for a second before looking back at me. Emerald stands up smiling.

Emerald: "I'll follow you no matter what ma'am!"

Em and Cinder turn to Mercury.

Mercury: "This gets crazier and crazier... what ever happened. I guess I stick around."

I smile, knowing I didn't have to fight my friends... at least soon.

Emerald: "So what made you switch sides?"

I stop my thought and began to blush hard. "Uh..."

Y/n P.o.V:

I was currently in my dorm reading. Meanwhile Anubis was sharpening and cleaning Ravenous and Rook was writing a letter to his fiancé. While Whitely is texting on his scroll all the while we were listening to music.

Anubis: "Hey Y/n?"

I stop reading. "What's up?"

Anubis: "We never asked yesterday....but how was your date with Cinder?"

The others stopped what they were doing and looks over to me curious. I sigh as I close my book. 

 "It was fine..why do you ask?"

Anubis: "Well Dad told me you helped take down a bunch of White Fang goons who tried to attack you all."

Whitely "*worried* "What?! Winter was over there as well. Is she okay?"*reassuring smile* "She's fine..the only ones that got hurt were the White Fang."

Rook: "Y/n, my friend. You should have called us! I would break puny baby legs."

"Heh sorry next time I will contact you all." *I then look over Whitley and Anubis* "Speaking of dates. How were your two dates?" 

Whitley and Anubis began to blush hard.

Whitley: "H-huh who told you that?"

"Winter..."