sixty six

2.00pm

as class ended, students had began leaving the room and sakusa instantly began putting his notes and studies into his beige tote bag. He wasn't planning to rush his way over to atsumu. after all, it wouldn't take him 10 minutes to get to the schools entrance from his class. right before he was able exit the classroom, sakusa heard his name being called by the teacher so he turned around to face her.

"i want to quickly ask about your last illustration if thats okay. it seemed like quite a sad piece."

sakusa just nodded, not wanting to talk as much so it seemed obvious that he was not interested in starting conversation.

"may i ask what the illustration was about?"

"yes ma'am. i had gotten inspiration from something i had saw online."

the teacher had squinted her eyes before softly smiling,"thats not a good answer. when you have to annotate your work in exams, saying that would not get you a good grade."

sakusa was getting impatient so he just nodded as a response. his foot turned left, indicating he wanted to leave.

2.07pm

"you look uneasy? are you okay."

"im so sorry ma'am but can we have this conversation later? im actually in a hurry now."

"oh, yes, of course! you should've told me before. see you next time."

he got up and bowed, dashing out the room straight after.

2.09

sakusa began muttering curse words under his breathe as he ran in a hurry. by the time he had made it to the entrance it was 2.11pm. he looked around for atsumu, panting hard after having to run. it didnt take him long to find the blonde boy, he was easily recognisable due to his bright hair. atsumu turned around and faced sakusa, almost as if they were soulmates who could feel each others presence, making eye contact with him for a swift two seconds before pulling an irritated face and turning away. sakusa slowly approached atsumu, tapping his shoulder once he was close enough.

"you were late.", atsumu sternly spoke (he tried to sound as serious as he could.)

"my teacher... she kept talking to me. i got here as quick as i could."

"okay. you can say what you need to say i guess."

sakusa quickly thought about what to say. he hadn't planned anything out so the apology wasn't scripted, but now that he thought of it, maybe planning what to say beforehand would've been more clever.

"i-im sorry." sakusa said before pausing to think,"im just.. i didn't mean to.. you know.."

"didya even put some thought into this? im really wasting my time, aren't i." atsumu sighed before turning around and walking away.

sakusa's eyes widened and he quickly panicked. he didn't know what to do but he had to do something fast. after all, he was longing for the day he and atsumu made up again, he simply couldn't miss the chance to apologise. atsumu on the other hand kept walking away, silently wishing that sakusa would come up to him again.

sakusa came up with an idea. he walked towards atsumu hastily, before standing infront of him to stop him from walking any further. "tsumu,"he started,"please wear this. trust me." sakusa took off his long coat and passed it onto atsumu who looked confused, but wore it regardless. "this too, please." he handed latex gloves. before atsumu could ask why he was pulled into a tight hug.

"dont talk, just listen to what i have to say."sakusa began,"i really regret what i had done. my intention was never and would never be to hurt you but then again, stupid actions always have bad outcomes. i dont want to excuse what i done but please understand im bad at words. i admit i was quite uncomfortable at the start but i started warming up to you and realised it was just your nature to talk like that, and i had no right to claim you made me uncomfortable or forced me to say anything if i never tried bringing it up with you. also i like you.. like alot. its kinda embarrassing and cheesy to admit this but im glad you texted me, so please just let me off the hook this once. i wont hurt you again— atsumu?"

atsumu sniffled before saying,"shut up and keep talking."

"are you.. crying?"

"yes and its all yer fault. you made me upset and for a while i thought i made everyone uncomfortable because of you said. i'll still forgive you though, because while i stopped talking to you i realised i couldn't stop thinking about you and it was impossible for me to be angry at you."

sakusa was disappointed in himself and it showed in his facial expression. he hesitantly reached up to pat atsumu's head softly with his left hand.

"i'm sorry im the reason you felt that way. i hope we can just leave that in the past. you deserved so much better."

"i know i deserved better, but on anther note, why didya give me yer coat and a pair of gloves?" atsumu questioned.

"i hate touching people, so i gave you those so i could hug you without directly touching you.. if that makes sense."

"mhm okay. lets stay like this for a while its kinda comforting hugging ya."

"way to boost my ego." sakusa joked.

atsumu glared at him then set himself free from the hug. he then turned around and walked away without saying a word. sakusa started to think he had messed up again. was it the wrong time to crack a joke? was atsumu annoyed at him again?

his thoughts were disrupted by a loud,"omi-kun! yer thinking too hard, yer brain might rot!"

sakusa smiled. atsumu hadn't given back his coat.