Chapter 23: unspoken truth

sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things

will never go back to how they used to be

as truths, these days, are spoken
The same way promises are made,
With gritted teeth and crossed fingers

Zayn pov

It's been an hour on the road and finally I arrived at gigi's house. I rush into the building as soon as i get there but it surprised me that everything seems so calm like there's no fighting between she and her mom going on.

"Gee, where're you?" i called her as i felt something isn't right in here as it's so quiet right now.

after a couple minutes, she finally called me back

"Hi zayn, i'm in my bedroom you can come in" Her voice shakes like she has been crying and it makes my heart sink. I hope there'll be one day she could get away with what happened to her and her family.

"I'll be there Gee"

I quickly walked up to her and found her mom sitting beside her like they didn't fight before like what i've heard on the phone, anyway i have to say that Mrs Hadid looks much better than i thought

"Hi Gee,here's the medicine for her" i handed her some medicines that gigi forgot in my car but after she grab them from me, she just placed it back on the shelf

"Zayn, actually we have something to tell you" Gigi bites her lips nervously as she steps closer to me, holding my hands in hers, but i don't really feel like before that i always don't mind her doing these things with me whether cuddling, some unnecessary touching or even kissing.

but now i feel like it's only harry who can do all these stuffs with me.

"what's it Gee?" I slowly pulled away from her grip and walked her to sit on the couch instead. but then I remember that yolanda, her mother, actually believes that we're actually a couple. so in order not to hurt her feeling and to keep her condition stable, i slowly pulled Gigi back and kiss her on the forehead as i noticed how sad she was when i pulled away her hands.

"Baby, you don't look so good. I'll go get you some water" i say, and even gigi is surprised to how i changed the way we interacted then it seems like she realized why i did it.

as i about to walk out the door, she suddenly stood up and grab my wrist strongly.

"Zayn, i found 'him'. The boy who cheated with my father" her voice rasp as tears started to form in those eyes and I know how vulnerable she is right now every time she mention about that whore.

She must be devastated from those bad memories creeping up into her mind again.

"What do you want me to do with him? Maybe I can make him return the money your dad overpaid him.....you said your dad even gave him your mom's diamond and stuff, right?"

i asked and then i heard her mom chuckles loudly before gigi told her to stop then took a few steps and stopped in front of me.

There was a scowl on her face. then the smiles she had on her face suddenly turned into a sneer. she said, "Zayn you don't want to do it, well let say you can't put yourself to do it"

she paused and took a deep breath before continued "I think there's nothing you can do to help my family anymore, thank you for what you've done to us"

Gigi smiles sadly at me but i wonder why she wants me to give up this easily without even trying.

"Gee, i wanna try. I can't stand watching you struggle with something that isn't your or your mother's fault. That whore, he had more than enough and he should know how much troubles he brought to your family"