Chapter 19

The next morning, Nico and Thea were eating at the table when the others joined them.

"So are you going to demonstrate your abilities today, and start training Henrik?" Thea asked as they all sat down.

"Yep. Probably after breakfast. That way we can train the entire day," Nico explained, looking at Henrik.

"Great idea. I don't remember if I mentioned this, but he has a Stygian Iron sword as well. So make sure he knows how to not accidentally suck out someone's soul while training. Plus, training him all day gives me an excuse to train all of the others," Thea said, smirking mischeviously at everyone.

"So what can you do, exactly?" Kol asked, slightly excited.

"Finish eating, then he will show you," Thea said, motioning to Kol's plate.

"Aren't I the adult here?" Kol asked jokingly, but returned to his food nonetheless.

"Nope," Thea said.

Kol feigned a hurt expression, but ended up agreeing with her.

When breakfast was over, Thea led everyone to the training field, where she created a new area for Nico to train Henrik.

Nico looked to Thea, as she stepped back, and she nodded, "Go ahead, this is the area for you to train Henrik. Go have some fun, don't wear yourself out though," Thea said.

Nico grinned, a slightly blood thirsty grin, and stepped into the field. He had shadows wrap around him and vanished.

Everyone looked around, except Thea, she just looked up at one of the trees and smiled, "He's up there."

The others looked up at the tree and laughed in surprise. 

Nico brought himself back to the ground, "WHen I first discovered that ability, I ended up in China, that was not fun, and I was exhausted," Nico said with a small laugh.

"Alright, we knew about that ability, you sort of just appeared in our house that way," Niklaus pointed out, "Does it have any limitations besides making you tired after a while?"

"Not really. Though, if there are no shadows, I can't get into the place. So I guess that is a limitation, but shadows are literally everywhere, so it isn't too difficult to figure something out," Nico answered.

"What else can you do?" Rebekah asked.

A grin that made Thea feel strange appeared on Nico's face, "The other thing I can do, which is more taxing than Shadow Travel, is raising the dead," he explained.

He raised three skeleton warriors from the ground, they stood waiting for orders. 

The Mikaelsons, minus Thea, were amazed. Then Kol decided to speak up.

"They look so brittle," Kol pointed out.

"Why don't you come fight one and see how brittle they are," Nico said, motioning Kol forward.

Kol steps forward and goes to fight one of the skeleton warriors.

He quickly reduced the warrior to a pile of bones and looks at Nico with a smug smile on his face.

Nico returns the smile with one just as smug, if not more so. 

"Look out," Nico warns.

Kol turns and sees the skeleton warrior coming at him with a sword prepared to strike him.

"Holy shit!" Kol said, his eyes widened in surprise and his eyebrows in his hair line.

"Enough," Nico told the skeleton warrior, "Go away," he said in a very demanding tone.

The others watch as the ground opens up and the skeletons sink back into the ground.

"Any questions?" Nico asked.

Thea started laughing when Nico said that with a straight face, her laughter got louder when she saw the expressions of her family.

"Yeah, how many can you summon at once, that doesn't make you dead tired?" Elijah asked

"When I first started, no more than five. Now, I can summon whole armies and still be able to fight with them," Nico answered.

"And to Kol's observation, yes, they are fragile, however, they can reconnect themselves and keep going, plus getting hit with a bone hurts like you would not believe," Thea added.

"Thea, didn't you teach us about having to fight these things?" Freya asked.

"Yep," Thea said.

"If they are controlled by Nico, and soon to be Henrik, why?" Freya asked.

"Because, they don't always start as just being summoned by a child of Hades. Sometimes they are just like the other Greek/Roman monsters, trying to kill demigods. However, with a child of Hades near by, it makes defeating them a ton easier," Thea pointed out.

Freya nodded in understanding.

After a few more minutes of silience, Thea spoke up again, "Great. Now that all of the questions are answered and Nico got to demonstrate what he will be teaching Henrik, let's get to training, instead of just sitting here. After all, Uranus and his army aren't going to defeat themselves."

Thea took the others and Henrik went with Nico and they trained the rest of the day.