5. Which language?

Jungkook huffed as he loaded the last sack of grains into one of the retailers' truck. He looked at Hoseok, who had flopped down on the step outside the shop to catch his breath. 

If there was one thing that Jungkook hated, it was showing his exhaustion. He didn't mind it when his friends showed exhaustion. In fact, he helped them more when they were tired. But he never showed it himself. 

He simply rubbed his forehead to get rid of the sweat. He pulled the rubber band off his hair and put it around his wrist while Hoseok pulled his phone out. 

"Ohh! Yoongi's here. Looks like we have more sacks to lift" he said. "Okay" Jungkook said, running both of his hands through his extremely thick hair to even out the sweat. He straightened it with his hands before pulling everything into a small, tight man bun in the back. 

Before he could even finish tying his band around the bun, the thick funk fell out of the hair and landed in front of his eyes. He blew them away from his eyes as he walked behind Hoseok. 

"Aish! I am tired! Catch this" Hoseok said as he flopped into the seat of the truck and threw the keys of the truck at Jungkook. "Wait for a couple of minutes. We don't have any retailers right now. Even if we do, Namjoon can handle them" he said. 

"Okay" Jungkook said and walked to the back, deciding to sit on the floor of the trunk. 

"Ohh!" Jungkook exclaimed the second he opened the door. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. 

There was a man, no scratch that, an angel sleeping peacefully on the floor of the truck. Jungkook shook his head again and rubbed his eyes with more force. 

He was sure he was hallucinating, as he had never, ever seen such beauty anywhere. The man looked extremely handsome and very peaceful, as if he was used to sleeping on hard and uneven floors. 

He moved closer and noticed the dried tear tracks on his face. He didn't understand who the man was or why he was in their truck. 

"Excuse me" he called out, hoping to wake him up. "Huh?" Hoseok replied from the front. Jungkook ignored Hoseok and continued trying to wake that man up. 

"Excuse me, sir! Hello!!.....Excuse me!!" he increased his volume. "Yo, who are you talking to??" Hoseok asked. "Come here, hyung" Jungkook answered back. 

"Ohh!" Hoseok exclaimed once he came back and saw the sleeping man. "Who is he?" he asked. "How would I know?" Jungkook asked. 

"Right. But damn, he looks handsome" Hoseok said. "I don't think 'handsome' would be enough to describe him" Jungkook said, ogling at the man. 

"Ohh, wait!!" Hoseok exclaimed again, putting two and two together. "He must be one of those guys from Gamido. Yoongi told me that he came across four really handsome people in Gamido" Hoseok said, pulling his phone out and showing Jungkook the chat. 

"What's taking you guys so long? Do you need help?" Namjoon asked, walking towards them. "Yeah. Come here" Hoseok said as Jungkook read the chat. 

'He must be this Taehyung guy. I don't think anyone can be more beautiful than him' Jungkook thought as he passed the phone to Namjoon and explained the situation to him, showing him the man inside the truck. 

"But Yoongi didn't say anything about bringing a man with him, did he?" Namjoon asked after reading the chat. 

"That must explain those tear tracks on his face. Maybe he didn't know that this man was inside the truck when he locked the door. We all know how hyung blasts music through his speakers" Jungkook said. 

"Yeah, maybe. Try to wake him up. I'll get Yoongi" Namjoon said, walking back inside. 

"Excuse me, Mister!!" Jungkook called out again. Hoseok finally got in and began to shake him. The man flinched on the first shake and jolted with fear in his eyes. 

He scrambled to the back of the truck, whimpering slightly. "Hey, hey, hey! We won't hurt you" Hoseok said, lifting his hands up in a surrendering position. 

The man looked at Hoseok as if he didn't understand what he just said. "We won't hurt you. You don't have to be scared of us" Hoseok said again, getting off the truck. 

The man still looked at him like he didn't understand anything. "Maybe he isn't Korean" Jungkook said. "Kon'nichiwa" he tried hesitantly. (Hello in Japanese)

The man didn't even look at him. He kept staring at Hoseok with fear still evident in his eyes. 

"Not Japanese either. Try Thai, hyung" Jungkook said. "Sawasdee Khrab" Hoseok said. But once again, the man looked at him with a completely blank face. 

"Did he wake up?" Namjoon asked, returning with Yoongi and Jeongyeon. Yoongi looked extremely confused. "There wasn't anyone when I locked the door" he said, scratching his head. 

"Ohh!" Yoongi exclaimed once his eyes landed on the guy. The man didn't respond. He kept looking at Hoseok, as if he was waiting for him to start making sense. 

Yoongi climbed into the truck, making the man flinch and look at him. Taehyung widened his eyes, recognizing him immediately. 

"You are Kim Taehyung, right? Park Jimin's friend!" Yoongi exclaimed. Taehyung continued looking at him with a blank expression on his face. 

'I knew it!!' Jungkook thought. 

"Hyung, we tried Korean, Japanese and Thai. He didn't respond to anything" Jungkook said. 

"That's strange. His friend clearly talked to me in Korean. He said they lived together. So he must know at least a few words, right? Even Seojoon-ssi talked to them in Korean" Yoongi said, scratching his head again. 

"Joon, try Chinese" Hoseok said. "Nih-" 

"YAH" Jeongyeon suddenly yelled loudly, making everyone except Taehyung jump. 

"What?!" Jungkook asked, scowling at her. But Jeongyeon was looking at Taehyung. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung and realized why Jeongyeon had yelled. 

Taehyung was still looking at Yoongi. After almost half a minute, he seemed to realize that Yoongi wasn't going to turn back to him. 

He then followed Yoongi's line of sight and finally looked at Jeongyeon. 

"He is deaf, guys" she said.