10. Dinner

"Yo, the dishes are done. I'm going to engage Taehyung for now somehow. Call us when the rice is done" Jungkook said. 

"Are you gonna take him to the balcony?" Jeongyeon asked. "Yeah" Jungkook said. "I don't think he is used to it" she said. "I know. I'll see. If he doesn't like it, I'll stop. But I really need one now" he said. 

"Okay. I'll join you. There is no work for me too. We just have to wait for the timer. I need one too" she said. "Okay" he said and walked out of the kitchen. 

He went to the bedroom and threw his rubber band on the small table between the beds. He left his thick hair lose, running his hand through it to straighten it and part it in the side. 

He grabbed both of their packs of cigarettes and went to Taehyung. He gestured to him to follow him and walked towards the balcony. 

Because of all the chaos, he couldn't smoke one in the evening and the craving was now killing him. He took out a cigarette from his pack and put it in between his lips. 

Taehyung looked at his lips curiously, wondering what in the hell Jungkook was doing with that small tube like thing in his mouth. Jungkook felt shy because of Taehyung's intense stare. 

He offered one to Taehyung. He took it and put it in his mouth the way Jungkook did. Jeongyeon joined them and took her pack from Jungkook's hands and put one between her lips. 

She lit her cigarette and passed the lighter. Taehyung stared at the lighter with horror. Jungkook lit his cigarette and brought the lighter close to Taehyung's mouth to help him. 

But Taehyung, who had never once held 'fire' in his hands, looked horrified. He immediately took a step back, colliding his back against the wall. 

He pulled the 'tube' away from his mouth. "Hey, it's okay. I won't do it. It's okay if you don't wanna do it" Jungkook said, switching off the lighter and turning away from him. 

But it didn't help reduce Taehyung's fear in any way. He slid down the wall, hugging his legs close to his chest. 

He wanted Jimin. He needed him. 

He was soo new to everything. He couldn't understand anything. Everything looked so new and strange. Every new thing terrified him. 

Huge vehicles zoomed in the road. There were weird things on the ceilings that kept rotating all the time, there were houses on top of houses. There were huge buildings. 

People dressed weirdly. The two men he was currently with, had colourful things on their arms and neck and he didn't know how that was even possible. One of the men had seven ear piercings and a nose pin and a ring on his lip while the other man had five ear piercings and a ring on the lip. 

They made him stand in a box that somehow brought him to a house that was seemingly floating on air. The balcony was overwhelming him along with the smoke that was coming out of their mouths. 

Everything was overwhelming him and he badly wanted Jimin right now. He wanted to go back home. He wanted to go back, but he didn't want to show his weakness in front of these weird men either. 

He fought hard to stop his tears from falling out, but lost the battle soon. He wanted Jimin. He was getting increasingly frustrated that his eyes wouldn't listen to him. 

Out of the blue, he smacked his forehead. The twins flinched at the sudden sound. The two of them had taken a long drag from their cigarettes to calm their craving and had stubbed the cigarettes once they realized that the smoke was freaking Taehyung out. 

They had noticed him trying to control his tears and had thus decided to give him some space as they realized how overwhelming a city could be to someone who had never, ever seen any of these before. 

They had had their backs to him so that he could have some space and had thus jumped at the sudden sound and turned back to him. Taehyung smacked his forehead again and began sobbing harder. 

Jeongyeon was just about to jump at him to stop him from smacking himself further when the timer of the cooker went off. 

She ran towards the cooker while Jungkook took hold of Taehyung's wrists. "Rice is done" Jeongyeon yelled from the kitchen. 

Jungkook tugged at him slightly. Taehyung got up and pulled his hands away from Jungkook. Wiping his tears with the back of his hand, he followed Jungkook towards the kitchen. 

Jeongyeon had already placed three bowls of rice and a few side dishes on the table. Taehyung looked at Jeongyeon, who was sitting on one of the chairs. 

Jungkook finally realized and pulled out one of the chairs and pointed to Taehyung and then at the chair. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and back at Jeongyeon before sitting on the chair hesitantly. 

He looked at the bowl of rice in front of him and looked back at Jungkook. He pointed to the bowl and then at himself, with a questioning look on his face. Jungkook nodded, happy that Taehyung was making an effort to communicate as well. 

Taehyung found the side dishes tasty and that, in turn, made Jeongyeon happy. She would have flipped out if Taehyung didn't know what those side dishes were for. Thankfully, he did know what they were for. 

He was almost done with his food when he unknowingly moaned loudly because of the taste. Jungkook and Jeongyeon whipped their heads towards him. 

Jungkook's mind went haywire with the knowledge of how deep Taehyung's voice sounded. Jeongyeon's thoughts went along the same direction. 

'How can such a baby face have such a deep voice????????? Damn that is a sinner's voice!! It can't belong to a human! That's a devil's voice! Damnnnnn' Jungkook thought. 

Taehyung had his eyes closed, enjoying the last bit of his food before setting his chopsticks down beside the bowl. He got up from his chair and smiled widely at them, showing them his spectacular boxy grin. 

He bowed down 90 degrees, silently thanking them for the food. 

While Jeongyeon found the smile too cute and adorable, Jungkook's mind shut down completely. 

He couldn't even blink. He stared open-mouthed at Taehyung as he tried to get his mind to restart. Jeongyeon kicked him under the table to get him to stop staring.

After a lot of kick-starting, he finally got his mind to start running. Unfortunately, it ran too fast for him to catch up. Jeongyeon kicked him once again and he finally got his mind to calm down. 

He closed his mouth and grinned widely at Taehyung before going back to his food. Taehyung sat back on the chair and played with the hem of his shirt, not knowing what to do. 

After a couple of minutes, Jungkook finished eating and got up to clean the dishes. That was the rule of their house. Jeongyeon cooked while Jungkook cleaned the dishes. 

He took Taehyung's bowl and walked to the wash basin. Jeongyeon cleaned everything and dumped the remaining dishes in the basin. 

Taehyung looked at them curiously before deciding to help the long-haired man with the dishes, letting the short-haired man clean the counter.