28. Jongu's baby

It took a whole week for Taehyung to adjust to the sounds around him without freaking out. The doctor had suggested speech therapy, but Jimin decided to teach Taehyung himself with the help of his girlfriend and Taehyung's boyfriend. 

Yes, Taehyung's boyfriend. 

Even though Jungkook hadn't officially asked him out, it was obvious that if Taehyung could hear and understand what Jungkook was saying and knew all the mechanisms of dating someone, he would have accepted Jungkook's request right away. 

Thus, Jungkook started calling him and Taehyung a couple without any hesitation. 

The three of them got Taehyung to repeat many words after them whenever they were free. In the shop, back at home, while working, while eating, whenever they had free time, they made Taehyung repeat random words after them.

Sometimes, they explained the meaning of the word by pointing to the object associated to it. Or sometimes, they used the signs that Taehyung knew. But as most of Taehyung's signs were based on emotions, they didn't have to use his signs much. 

Taehyung found it difficult to pronounce his own name and thus called himself 'Tae'. Jimin promptly burst into tears the minute Taehyung finally got it and said "Tae" and pointed to himself. 

He sat him down and made him repeat his name. Jimin's name was easy and Taehyung got it right on his third try. That day, no one could stop Jimin from bouncing and jumping around in the shop out of joy. 

After watching Taehyung call Jimin by his name, Jungkook wanted to teach him his name too. Thus, he waited for the next Thursday when his sister and Jimin went out for a date to try teaching Taehyung his name. 

"Jeon" Jungkook said. 
"J-Jon" Taehyung repeated, staring at Jungkook with concentration. 
"Jeon" Jungkook said, emphasizing the pronunciation.
"Jon" Taehyung said.
"No. See. Jeon"
"No. See. Jon"

Jungkook burst out laughing. He found it too cute. He just decided that he would let it go temporarily. 

"Okay. Jeon" he said again. 
"O-kay. Jon" Taehyung repeated. 
"Gguk" Jungkook said. 
"....."
"Gguk"
"G-Gu"
"No. Gguk"
"No. Gu"

Jungkook burst out again. 

"Okay. Jeon-gguk" he said. 
"O-kay. Jon-gu" Taehyung repeated. 
"Right. Jeongguk" Jungkook said, pointing to himself.
"Rig-....Jongu" Taehyung said, pointing to Jungkook and playing with an imaginary ponytail on his head. 

"Jongu, Jongu, Jongu" Taehyung kept repeating on loop as he got up and went to the washroom. 

Jungkook chuckled and patted his cheeks to stop himself from blushing further. Everything was just too much for him. He took his phone out to message his sister about it. He knew they were on a date, but he couldn't stop himself. 

'Just taught Tae my name. He keeps calling me Jongu' he sent.

'Lolllll. And you like it?' she asked. 

'Surprisingly, I love it' he said. 

'Nice. Enjoy. Oppa is happy that Taehyung is calling you by your name' she said. 

'Me too. Okay, enjoy your date. Bye' he said and threw the phone to his side. 

"Jongu" he heard that deep voice that he came to love in the past two months. He hummed questioningly and looked up at Taehyung. 

Taehyung mimicked eating an ice cream. "You want ice cream?" Jungkook asked, forgetting that Taehyung was still very very new to words. Taehyung just stared at him blankly. 

"Go out and eat ice cream?" he asked, this time pointing to the door and then mimicking the action of eating an ice cream. 

"Yes" Taehyung said. "Let's go!" Jungkook exclaimed and got up, gesturing to him to come with him. 

In the two months that they spent together, if there was one thing that Jungkook caught on about Taehyung, it was that he absolutely loved ice cream. Mainly the strawberry flavoured ones. 

The two of them held hands as they walked down the lane towards the ice cream parlour. Jungkook asked Taehyung to wait while he ordered a strawberry and a butterscotch cone for the two of them.

But Taehyung didn't know that Jungkook was ordering already. And he was very eager to keep calling him, now that he knew how to do it. 

"Jongu" he called immediately, making Jungkook whip his head back. He pointed to the strawberry flavoured compartment. "Yes" Jungkook nodded and turned back to pay. 

He went back to Taehyung and wrapped an arm around his waist as the two of them waited for the man to give them their cones. 

It was surprising that he liked it when Taehyung called him 'Jongu'. He never tolerated anyone mispronouncing his or his sister's names. That was one of the things he hated the most. 

But somehow, every time Taehyung called him 'Jongu', all Jungkook wanted to do was to wrap and roll him in a huge, extremely thick fluffy blanket and squeeze the life out of his cheeks. 

He got yanked back to reality when he heard him again. 

"Jongu" Taehyung called as the two of them walked back home, licking their cones happily. 'He seems to be enjoying this a bit too much' he thought as he turned to Taehyung and said "What?" while stroking his chin and getting into the elevator. 

He looked down and noticed that Taehyung had already finished his cone. Taehyung angrily pointed to the ice cream in his hand. "You want this?" Jungkook asked, handing Taehyung his butterscotch cone. 

"No" Taehyung flicked his own forehead. But before he could ask him about it, Taehyung reached out and flicked his forehead as well. 

"What?!" Jungkook whined and stroked Taehyung's chin again. He turned to open the door of their apartment with one hand. 

Once he opened the door, Taehyung grabbed the hand that had the ice cream, and shoved it into Jungkook's mouth. "Okay, okay, okay" Jungkook said, realizing that Taehyung wanted him to finish it before it melted. 

He finished it soon and almost threw the tissue into the dustbin when Taehyung called him again, this time with a huge smirk on his face. 

Jungkook knew what that smirk meant. He barely had time to steady himself before Taehyung pounced on him, with his lips already on Jungkook's mouth. 

"Baby" Taehyung said as he pulled out of the kiss after a few seconds. 

Jungkook's eyes widened. "What?!" he asked. 'Who taught him that?!' he thought. 

"Jimin, Jongi baby. Tae, Jongu baby" Taehyung said, sending Jungkook's mind into a frenzy.