Elegance and Grace

Asami groaned groggily, slowly waking up from her slumber.

Aimlessly swatting her hand on the table bedside, she tried to turn off her alarm. When she finally managed to press the snooze button, she stared at the ceiling for a few minutes and took a deep sigh. Asami slid out of bed and found her way through the bathroom and showered quickly. She dried herself up and put on the clothes she had already prepared the night prior.

Asami was always ready. Her dad would always remind her that a good leader will plan ahead. And that's what she always did. Plan things ahead.

Give her a project to work on and leave it to the heiress to write down a list in bullet points on what to do first, how it should be done and when it should be finished.

Asami put on the purple turtleneck, slid the red tights on her long, skinny legs and top of it, a red skirt. She opened the drawer below the sink and revealed her makeup compartment.

It's been two weeks and four days. She counted. Of course, she counted. There's never been a day her mind wandered far away from Republic City and across the city down South. It was always the same. And she always wondered; What is Korra doing now? Is she having breakfast now? Asami laughed at the thought. Korra hated mornings. Does she still have nightmares? What is she thinking right now?

These are some questions living gratuitously in Asami's mind most of the time. But if she were honest to herself, it's Korra's mere thought that stayed in her mind. She can't get the woman off her brain. It's like embedded, imprinted. She's yet to see that face when she gets back if she gets back.

No. She shook her head on her train of thoughts. There she was again, getting lost in the moment just by thinking of Korra.

Asami started doing her makeup; foundation, purple eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, red lipstick. She puckered her lips in her reflection, cleaned the mess she made and put on her black buttoned-down jacket with red-colored sleeves. Her hand went for a container on the left side of the sink, hairpins. Asami picked up a blue hairpin and clasped it on the left side of her long, wavy raven hair. Blue. Of course. Everything reminded her of Korra.

Elegance and grace. That's what she was with the perfect features and height to prove a point. She looked at her reflection once more, but she feels like something was missing. She stared at those green eyes, and she can see the sadness seep through. There's something—someone missing.

Two weeks and four days. Oh, the self-control she had to muster on the first day after Korra left as she found herself writing on a piece of paper; Dear Korra.

She crumpled the paper and threw it away. Too early. That was too early. She was mentally slapping herself, thinking: What the hell is wrong with me?

It went on for days, and like a broken record, she had to remind herself, elegance and grace. And it was harder every day as she thinks solely of Korra and how lonely she feels without her. One slip and she isn't elegance and grace anymore, dejected and despondent more so.

She always planned things ahead and always knows what to do next. But now? Nothing. That's the effect Korra has on her. Again, she laughs at the thought. Elegance and grace.

Because she has no choice and remembering what Korra had said, Republic City needs her. And another point she predicted, President Raiko asked for assistance regarding a project for the city.

She sighed deeply and slipped on her above the ankle boots before going out of the bathroom. She got her shoulder bag hanging near the door and got out. Asami was greeted by her butler with a coffee in hand as she walked down the stairs of the marvelous Sato mansion.

"Miss Sato, looking as charming as ever." Dee greeted with a brief smile while handing the coffee to the heiress. "I assume no breakfast again this morning?"

Asami took a sip of her coffee and felt her insides succumb to the bittersweet taste. Just perfect. Her butler knows her too well. He wore the usual black slacks and black coat, with his glasses clinging almost at the edge of his nose, and the sleek mustache that is hard to miss. He was with the Satos since the heiress was still learning to walk.

Without missing a beat, she waved a hand at her butler as she quickly got the car keys on the tabletop. "Will try to get something on the way, I just have an early meeting with the President."

"Of course," Dee following the heiress with a paper in his hands, "I got today's paper for you as well."

She turned around, got the paper and smiled at the smaller guy, "Thank you, Dee. When you're finished with everything, you can take the rest of the day off".

Dee gave a curt nod, opened the door for the heiress, and responded, "Thank you, Miss Sato. Take care." Asami smiled and went out of the mansion. The air hit her face, and she breathed in the breeze.