Reunion Part 2

Asami had to take a moment to gather herself and follow the direction of the voice. Slowly, turning on her right, she saw, in all her entity, Korra. It was at this time that she had to actually take her in. Back in the motel, Asami was blindsided by emotions swirling inside her stomach up to her chest. Blurry visions from the tears or it may be the disappointing reality that led them to lash out at each other, hurt and abandoned. But looking at the figure in front of her right now, it was really Korra. She noticed she wore the familiar blue vest and sleeves, parka, baggy pants, and boots. She liked how the short chestnut hair just ended below her jaw, where she didn't compliment back then because well, under the circumstances, it didn't feel right.

"Asami?"

Korra's breathy voice brought her back to her bearings in which she realized she's been staring for too long. Far too long that she had to stand up quickly and the magazine on her lap fell on the floor, brain dizzy by the sudden movement that she had to hold on to the chair.

Asami grabbed the magazine, turning her back to Korra to hide the sudden blush on her cheeks. She has yet to compose herself. As she put the magazine on the table, she took a deep breath and faced her again, this time collected, making her way towards Korra.

Asami hasn't said a word still. She tried to rattle her brain, remembering what Korra said to her, I hope you haven't been waiting long.

Only three years. She thought.

"Not that long." She said, finally finding her voice.

Now her legs didn't stop walking until she was a few inches away from Korra. Her body didn't stop moving until they were so close to each other. Her arms made their way around the Avatar, welcoming her into a hug. Korra didn't mind as she simply melted at Asami's embrace, like a puzzle finally forming together. They were both the missing piece. Asami hated how Korra felt in her arms, the warmth she's been longing for in those long lonely nights, looking at the stars, wishing for her to come back home.

She also hated how in the moment, all the memories and feelings came rushing in. One night, at the small corners of the motel room, Asami lunged towards Korra in surrender, embracing the defeat.

She abruptly extracted herself from Korra, as if her skin burned from the touch. Stepping a good few inches back, enough to allow herself to breathe and build around the façade she convinced herself she needed.

"You're back,"

"I am."

Asami didn't know what to say or how to act, crossing her arms, looking at Korra, still trying to decide if this was a good thing coming here.

"Right." That was all she managed to utter. Asami quickly thought of something to say, maybe her appearance? It's the safest to talk about.

"I'm loving the hair." She continued. The room seemed to be getting hotter.

"Thanks," Korra responded, grabbing the tendrils of her hair. Asami wasn't sure if she was blushing, but it may be the temperature in the room, she assumed.

"You're looking snazzy as always." She continued and at this point, she can feel her cheeks warming up, trying to stop the upward twitch of her mouth by Korra's... compliment? Snazzy?

Korra reached the back of her neck, lightly scratching it as she flashed her nervous lopsided smile. It seemed like she didn't know what to do as well.

"Uh, this is a nice, uh restaurant. It's new." Korra commented, scanning the area, avoiding looking directly at Asami, but somehow didn't last long as they both locked eyes. It was Asami's time to look away.