Hopeful

The lights in the Sato estate have been brighter than Mako remembers as they park the car in the garage. Mako was just assigned to be a bodyguard to Prince Wu, who was supposed to take over the crown after his late aunt. Asami had a long day after the endless schedule of the company meetings. Mako was wearing a new uniform, probably a design for bodyguards, Asami suspected. His hair was styled in a sleek hairdo as well.

Asami and Mako went inside the Sato mansion and into the kitchen.

"I'm telling you, Asami. The Prince is going to be the end of me." Mako prompted while putting the takeout food they just ordered on the table.

"Hey. Don't be mean. I'm sure he's not that bad." Asami went to the wine rack, grabbing a red wine and two wine glasses.

"I had to stand guard outside his bathroom." Mako raised his hands in the air, with his brows furrowing, "For three whole hours! What do you do for three hours?" He almost shouted while removing the food from the paper bags.

Asami chuckled. "Well, for a girl like me, those three hours would be for an intense pampering. I don't know with a guy, though."

"Exactly!" Mako was noticeably exasperated, and Asami just smirks and shakes her head. He started eating the dumplings while the engineer put the glasses and wine on the table.

Dee entered with an envelope in his hand. He nodded at Asami and started, "Ah. Good evening Miss Sato, Sir Mako." He nodded to Mako's direction, and the detective nodded in return while munching on his food.

"Dee, you're still here. Can I help you with something?" Asami glanced at Dee then focused on the wine again.

"A letter came for you today after you left. I tried reaching you in your office, but it seems that you were busy. No one was answering, I even tried to leave a message to your assistant."

"Ah. Yeah, we were in the station the whole day. We've been doing test runs downtown. What letter is it?" Asami poured the wine in both glasses while Dee approached closer to hand in the letter.

"From the Southern Water Tribe, Miss Sato." He handed the letter to the CEO, and then went and excuse himself.

Asami was confused as she received a letter from Senna two days ago. She has explained how Korra is doing, which was more than she could ask for. She told Asami that Korra hasn't exactly been open to her and Tonraq as well. Asami concluded that Korra would only write back if she was ready or if she wants to. So, she decided she wouldn't push her any further.

When she grabbed the letter, good thing she put the wine down on the table before she loses grip and shatters the bottle. Her hands started trembling, dumbfounded by the letter right on her hands.

"Asami?"

Korra sent her a letter.

She sent me a letter. She had to reread the contents of the envelope. It was addressed to her, and it was indeed from the Southern Water Tribe and Korra's name on top of it. Korra. She isn't dreaming.

"Asami? Are you okay?"

After two years, she finally received a letter. All the loneliness she felt, the pain, the dragging of days seem to be gone with the letter on hand. She reread the name on the envelope for the last time, but it started to blur as her eyes began to moisten.

"Asami, you look pale. Wha-?"

She snapped out of her trance. She felt a grip on her shoulders that directed her to a chair to sit. She looked at Mako, who was confused. He looked at the letter in Asami's hand and then back to her.

"Is that... Korra?"

Asami couldn't find her voice, so she nods. Still stunned to even move. She didn't want to put the letter down as she was afraid that it will magically disappear.