"Peaceful child"

"The steel rails have been installed, Miss Sato." The lead engineer reported as he sat in front of Asami.

"Good. How are the boilers?" Asami asked while reading through the papers that were given to her.

"We still have problems with overheating, but the tubes you suggested we used worked for one of the units. I will stop by the factory later today concerning the production of the materials." The heiress hums as she continues to read the report on hand.

"Hmm. Sounds good. Send Tin the updates for the other units as well. In six months, we should be able to do a test run for at least a hundred kilometers."

"Of course, Miss Sato." The lead engineer started to gather his stuff and stood up. "Is there anything else you want to run through?"

"No, that's all. You may go." Asami gave him a warm smile, so the engineer bowed and left the room.

A few minutes after, someone knocked at her door, and she groaned.

"Please don't tell me I have another meeting." She whined, resting her back on the chair while looking at the approaching figure.

"Nope. I booked the rest of your day off. And here, I brought you tea." Tin walked in front of the table and put the tea in front of her. Asami grabbed it and took a sip.

"What would I do without you, Tin?"

"Oh, you'd probably be in the streets right now, sleeping in an alley." Tin rolled her eyes, and Asami scoffed.

"I'm sure it will be more comfortable than my bed anyway." She looked down at the table.

"Still trouble sleeping?" Her assistant questioned and was answered by a shrug from the engineer.

"Your bed too big for one person?" Tin probed, sitting down on the chair, a smirk forming her lips while looking at Asami.

"Maybe." She mumbled. It's been harder to sleep because when she does, her dreams welcome her by an image of the blue-eyed girl, making her more miserable.

Tin laughed and tilted her head. "Why don't you just go to the South Pole and visit her?"

Oh, she did think of that. The days of mindlessly walking in the docks and almost stepping foot on a ship bound to the South Pole. She went to the factory and hopped onto a Future Industries airship just to sit back down and curse herself for how stupid she is. She doesn't want you there, idiot. If she did, she should've sent you a letter by now. She should've let you come when you asked the first time.

Korra didn't say yes. So, she didn't.

"She doesn't want me there." She sighed, defeated by the thought.

"How do you know?"

"I haven't heard anything from her." She motioned her hands in the air to make it more dramatic. Tin rolled her eyes at her boss again.

"So, you just assume it means she doesn't want you there?"

"I asked before she left, she declined my offer." Asami made a sour face, remembering the encounter with Korra. She had made high points, so there wasn't much convincing on her side to counter it.

"Oh."

"Yeah." She took another sip of her tea.

"She doesn't know you like her?" Tin raised an eyebrow while crossing her legs and resting her arms on the armrest.

Asami shifted to her seat, "I couldn't tell her. If only you saw her after the fight. And the poison, I.." Her voice falters at the end as she put her tea down and hugs herself.