2. Favors

I need y'all to know I imagine Tyler having a very thick Southern accent. So. That's why he talks the way he does!

"No, it should be me that talks to him," you argue, crossing your arms in front of you

"I just think that it will be too emotional for you," Hotch says, his eyes searching yours. "We can't let emotions get in the way of this case."

You're silent for a moment. "Put me in the room. Send someone in with me who can lead to interrogation, but I want to be in the room." You hold Hotch's gaze. "This man told me he murdered my father, Hotch. Turns out, he didn't. Wouldn't you want some answers, too? If you were me?"

Hotch sighs, trying to come to terms with the fact that he's clearly going to lose this battle. "Fine. I'll go in with you. If you so much as raise your voice at Tyler Miller, I will not hesitate to drag you out of there myself."

You give him an apathetic smile. "Thank you, sir."

Sighing, you lean against the brick wall of the Morgan County Correctional Complex, resting the back of your head against it. You look up at the clear blue sky, jumping a little when you feel someone tap your shoulder.

"Sorry I scared you," Rossi says, chuckling softly. "So, you're going in to see Tyler Miller with Hotch, huh?"

You nod. "Is the rest of the team coming inside?"

He shakes his head. "No, we're all going to the local station so the Gatlinburg Police Department can fax over the files on the shootings from a few years ago. We're staying the night here."

"And we're leaving tomorrow morning for Harrisburg?"

Rossi nods. "Yep." He looks at you, giving you a soft smile. "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm fine, Rossi," you tell him, trying to muster up a little smile. "A little overwhelmed and still a little shocked, but I want answers. I'm determined to get answers."

He nods. "That's normal." He squeezes your arm lightly. "I'm sure you'll get them soon, piccola."

You smile at him. "Thanks, Rossi."

He walks away and you spot Spencer standing near one of the SUVs next to Prentiss. You walk over, fiddling with the opal wedding ring on your finger.

"Hey," Spencer says, giving you an encouraging smile.

"Hey, you," you reply, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I heard Hotch is letting you come with him." He brushes a strand of hair out of your face and tucks it behind your ear. "Are you ready?"

"Ready to confront the man that lied to me four years ago? Absolutely." You catch his hand in yours and squeeze. "I'll see you tonight. We are rooming together, after all."