CHAPTER 11-20

Chapter 11: Etiquette

With that being said, she already stepped out of the door and walked towards the direction of Li's old house.

Li Tao was one of the few literati in Yunding Village. In his early years, he had also been a Jinshi (a successful candidate in the highest and final degree in the imperial examinations). However, he had no background and he did not come from a rich family, so he finally failed to become a government official. Afterwards, he had to come back to Yunding Village to become a farmer.

Although Li Tao failed to become a government official, he learned a complete set of the officialdom. Hence, the family was ineluctably stratified. It followed the principle of the eldest son taking care of the parents at home while the second and other sons bringing money home.

Therefore, his second son, Li Chenggu, and his third son, Li Chengbai, were both kicked out of home and had to make a living by themselves.

They were required to turn in the money they earned. As for the allocation of the money, it was distributed by his wife, Huang, based on the overall economic situation of the family.

All the way, Qin Ya was analyzing the situation of the family.

After this analysis, she felt that the original deeds of the original owner reasonable.

According to the regime set by Li Tao, the diligent would work to death while the lazy ones would have an excellent life!  

When Li Chenggu went out to fight, he was paid monthly. Later, the news of his death came, and the government gave a large amount of pension to the family.

However, the original owner did not even have half of the coin of this money in her pocket. How could this motivate the original owner to work diligently?

Perhaps at the beginning, the original owner was not so lazy yet, but her habit was developed by the environment. As time went by, the original owner started to have distorted thoughts.

While Qin Ya was thinking about this, she already arrived in front of Li's old house.

"Oh, such a decent house!"

The old house of the Li family was obviously different from the surrounding houses. It was not fenced with bamboo chips but a low earth wall. In the courtyard, the house was made of bricks and tiles. On top of the main house, there was a horizontal sign saying, " Jinshi Li's Residence”!

Compared to the surrounding houses, this one was undoubtedly grand!

Seeing this, Qin Ya felt even more furious.

Although the original owner was unbearable, given that this Li family was so rich, not getting a four-year-old fed up was really irritating!

Coming to the front of the door, Qin Ya forced down the anger in her heart.

She knew that she would not get any benefits if she went inside to have a big fight!

At the same time, in the main hall of the Li family's old house, Li Tao, Huang, Li Chengbai and Zhu Cuihua, as well as the eldest grandson and granddaughter of the Li family, were sitting around the table.

Li Tao, clad in a long gown, sitting upright in the head seat. At a first glance, he was a bit scholarly. Only those who knew him would know that in the daytime, he was also a regular person who would roll up his pants and work in the fields.

"Why didn’t I see Xin’er here?"

Li Tao looked around and frowned slightly.

"Father-in-law, Xin’er… Xin’er came earlier and said he was hungry. I've given him his portion, and he might have already gone back to Sufen’s place.”