After School

Okay! gruniper part two! PLEASE DON'T BE SILENT READERS!

Juniper POV-

I was super excited. Hopefully, Grover would come join the Nature Protecter's club! We needed some more recruitments. All we had was me, Rosie, Lila, Chuck, Max, Katie, Miranda and our leader, Pan.

It was starting getting later in the afternoon. Where was he? All I needed was to recruit one person, but of course, they didn't show up, they never did. I was the only one left who hadn't gotten a recruitment, and I needed one bad! I had joined over a year ago, and still didn't have one.

"Okay, let's do roll call, and then we'll get started," Pan said.

"Wait! I have a recruitment coming!" I exclaimed.  A few kids snickered, remembering last time I had said that.

"Who's the new recruitment, Juniper?" Pan asked.

"His names Grover," I said.

"Grover's my cousin! That's awesome, he would love this!" Miranda exclaimed. Katie nodded in agreement.

"I don't know why he's not here yet though," I sighed.

"He'll be here, don't worry, he's probably dealing with something Percy did right now," Katie said, rubbing my arm to reassure me. Katie, Chuck and Miranda were the only real friends I had here. Everyone else didn't like me too much. I didn't know why.

"Who's Percy?" I asked.

"His best friend and brother, he seems to find himself in trouble about as much as Travis and Connor do," Miranda joked.

Suddenly Grover came running in, "Sorry I'm late!" He exclaimed, panting and out of breath.

"Where were you?" Katie teased.

"Percy found himself in a bit of trouble again. Annabeth and I had to get him out," Grover replied.

"Of course Annabeth was involved," Miranda said. They all snickered.

"Okay, can we begin?" Pan asked interrrupting their conversation. They nodded and Grover took a seat next to me.

"So today, we are going to pick up litter in the woods, because it has been a while since we've done that. Partner up, and we'll head outside."

"Partners?" I asked Grover.

"Sure," He said.

-----

The woods was small. You had to be a complete idiot to get lost. It had an outdoor learning center, which we met at every Friday and a small creek flowing through it.

"Okay, come grab a trash bag, and go collect litter. Katie and Miranda, please come with me to plant these flowers in the garden. If anyone manages to get lost, blow your whistles, I'll blow the horn when it's time to come back," Pan ordered. Grover and I grabbed our whistles and a garbage bag. We headed in a different direction, stopping occasionally to pick up litter.

---

"Thanks for telling me about this Juniper!" Grover exclaimed. We had gotten to know each other well, I knew about how he was adopted by his best friend's family and a ton of crazy tories about what went on at the household. I had told him about my family.

"I have my mother, Summer Brent, is a pretty famous environmentalist, and is never home. And then my father, is a Zookeeper, Gavin Brent. They were soulmates, and met in college, because of a mutual friend, Ferdinand Underwood." Grover smiled upon hearing the name (His smile was adorable). (AN/ Made up names, sorry if it happens to be yours.)

"What?" I asked.

"That was my uncle!" He exclaimed.

"Really?!" I asked. He nodded. "Huh, it really is a small world."

"Yeah," He sighed. I stared at him lovingly and went back to picking up litter.

We continued talkin and picking up the trash.

---- AN/ I know I'm doing a lot of little skips, but I don't feel like writing tons of random conversations between the two.

"Juniper, I don't even know why I'm telling you half this stuff. I don't tell anyone this stuff. Well, besides Percy, sometimes," He said. I smiled at him.

"Yeah, I agree," I stated.

"It's just so comfortable to tell you all this." I nodded. We stood there in silence. I thought about it. My tattoo, it really compared to him well. I hoped he was my soulmate, I loved hanging out with him.

"Juniper, if you don't mind me asking, what's your tattoo?" Grover asked. I suddenly got nervous, what if it wasn't him? Actually, more importantly, what if it was him? How would he react?

I slowly rolled up my sleeve, his eyes widened when he saw it and he dropped his garbage bag. I looked at him nervously. Had I been sweating this whole time?

He quickly rolled up his sleeve. The tattoo was beautiful. "Juniper, I-I think y-you're my soulmate," He said, I could hear the nervousness in his voice. Now it was my turn to drop my garbage bag.

I kissed him. I kissed Grover Underwood. It took him a few seconds to react, but when he did, it felt amazing. There were no words to how it felt. His lips tasted like blackberries, which made sense, considering earlier we found a bush of and snacked on them. I was about to pull away, but he deepend the kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck. Sadly, people needed air, so we had to stop kissing for a moment. That's when I saw my tattoo glow. Now, surrounding the heart of goat horns, was the name Grover Underwood. I looked at his tattoo. Written in the sky was the name Juniper Brent. (AN/ I don't remember a last name from the books, so yeah, sorry if this is incorrect, I made one up.) 

I was about to kiss him again, but the horn sounded. We quickly picked up our garbage bags, and the litter that had fallen out. I held his hand and we walked back together.

------

GROVER POV-

I walked in the doorway of my house, smiling. I couldn't believe I had found my soulmate.

"Uh oh, what's that smile for?" Percy teased upon seeing my face.

"I found my soulmate!" I exclaimed. In shock he fell off of the couch, which him and Annabeth had been sitting on. Very close might I add.

"Wait really?!" He exclaimed. I nodded.

"Aww, that's awesome Grover, who is it?" Annabeth asked, making no effort to help Percy off the ground.

"Juniper Brent," I said.

"Aww, that girl you were talking about all day," Percy teased. I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"I think it's sweet, I've met Juniper, she's really nice," Annabeth said. I smiled.

"I'm gonna go tell Sally!" I exclaimed. Before I walked out, I watched Percy sit back on the couch, well, for two seconds, then Annabeth shoved him off. He laughed and grabbed a pillow and whacked her with it.

----

JUNIPER POV-

"Guess what dad?!" I exclaimed openning the door.

"What sweetheart?" My father asked getting up from the couch and walking towards me.

"I found my soulmate!" I exclaimed.

"Oh sweetheart, that's great!" He exclaimed, "What's his name?"

"Grover Underwood," I sighed. He looked surprised at the last name.

"Wait, Underwood?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's actually Ferdinand's nephew," I said. My dad smiling, remembering his best friend.

"I can't wait to meet him," He said.