That Night

Whole chapter mentions abuse. Read at your own risk.

Percy POV-

I was about to go to sleep. I plugged my phone in by my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Annabeth. I wondered what she was doing right now. If she was okay.

"You're thinking about Annabeth, aren't you?" Grover teased, laying in his bed.

"No," I replied stubbornly.

"You totally are, I can tell."

People still didn't understand how we could do that. Since the first year of us knowing each other, he's been able to read my emotions and sometimes my thoughts so well. It was kind of crazy to think about, but I was able to do the same to him.

"Yeah, you got me, I am," I replied. He looked really smug.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked, it was Annabeth. Oh no.

I answered.

"Hi Annabeth."

"Percy, Helen... she hit me... I-I need-" I heard yelling in the background.

"Annabeth!" I yelled. There was no response. I hung up, unplugged my phone, grabbed my wallet and keys and ran out the door.

"Percy? Percy what's wrong?" My mom asked when she saw me in the hallway.

"Annabeth's in trouble, gotta go!" I ran as fast as I could to my car. I started the engine and took off at a fast speed down the road.

As I arrived at her house, I hopped out quickly, and left my car running.

I knocked on the door. A women answered.

"What do you want, dear?" She asked in a sweet tone.

"I need to see Annabeth!" I yelled. I could hear groaning coming from up the stairs.

"She's not here right now, she went to a friend's house," she lied.

"Yeah right! Let me in!" I barged past her. I ran up the stairs. What I saw made me want to cry. Annabeth was on the ground, blood dripping from her forehead, legs, and stomach. She was also unconscious.

I picked her up delicately, so I wouldn't hurt her more. I took the stairs as quickly as I could. Helen stood down there, waiting for me. I kept moving with Annabeth in my arms. I shoved past Helen again. She fell over, too drunk to put up a fight. I got to my car and laid Annabeth down in the back seat gently.

I grabbed my phone and called the police.

Soon they arrived. They arrested Helen. They told me that they'd take Annabeth to the hospital, but I knew Annabeth was too stubborn for all that. She had come to, in the middle of our conversation and they asked her. She started yelling at them, it would've been funny if she wasn't so injured. Eventually, the cops let her be, but told me to call them if there was any more trouble.

-

"Thank you," Annabeth mumbled from the back seat. I started the car.

"Of course Annabeth, I'm gonna take you to my house now though. You're gonna have to tell my family," I stated. She nodded slowly.

We arrived at my house. I saw my whole family was now awake. I carried Annabeth in. She didn't like it, being so stubborn, but I did it because she couldn't even walk. She barely made it out of my car.

"Oh my goodness! Annabeth?! What happened sweetie?!" My mom said upon seeing her.

Annabeth nodded to tell me that I could tell my mom.

"Her stepmom beat her," I said sadly, staring into Annabeth's grey eyes.

"Oh honey," she looked at Annabeth sorrily.

"Let's put you on the couch for now, tell me what happened," My mother said, "Grover, can you go get the medicine and bandages."

Grover ran off into the bathroom to grab what we needed. Annabeth and I told her the whole story from the time I dropped Annabeth off at home. We left out the kiss on the cheek and the tingly wrist stuff.

"Oh my goodness sweetie!" My mom gently placed bandaids over her wounds. The bigger ones she wrapped, I still had no idea where she got the wrapping bandages. Probably left-overs from Gabe.

"Annabeth, you can stay here for the night if you want to," my mom said, "also, you don't have to go to school until these are healed up enough."

"Thanks Sally."

"I'll sleep on the couch Annabeth, you can stay in my room," Grover offered.

"You don't have to do that," she replied.

"No, it's fine." I saw Grover smirking. That's when I realized that Grover and I shared a room, which meant that Annabeth and I...

I hate Grover.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Of course! It's fine!" I watched as my mom and Paul smirked too, catching onto Grover's plot.

"Alright."

I picked Annabeth up gently to take her to Grover and I's room. I may or may not have stuck my tongue out a Grover as I carried her off.

—-

It was the middle of the night, I heard a whimper come from Annabeth. I stood up and walked over to check on her.

"Hey, you alright Wisegirl?" I asked. Her eyes opened and stared at me. They looked soft and vulnerable, not like usual.

"Yeah, just flashbacks," she replied. I hugged her really quick and headed back to my bed.

"Percy?" She asked, "will you- will you stay with me?"

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. I walked back over to her bed and we got situated. I place my arms gently around her and she cuddled into my side. Her head laid on my chest, and one of her arms was across my stomach. (AN/ pic above)
I laid awake until her breathing changed and I knew she was asleep. I drifted off soon after.

—-

FLUFF! Sorry, I felt like my story needed some fluffiness in it, so I put it in the end. I hope you enjoyed! Next is Grover's POV, so you'll get to hear what he has to say about their position.

Please remember to vote, comment and follow me!