The Archery Match

Frazel time!!!!! Please leave comments!

Hazel POV-

At lunch I had promised Frank to go to his archery match. I held through with that promise.

"Thanks for dropping me off, Bi," I said, climbing out of the car.

"No problem Hazel, now go get your soulmate!" Bianca returned. I turned as red as an apple.

"Be quiet, I don't even know if he's my soulmate!" I scolded.

"That's why you gotta find out!" I slammed the door to her car. I could see her laughing through the window. I stuck my tongue out at her as she pulled out of the lot.

I headed to the field in the back of the building. That's where the archery range was set up. I saw Frank warming up.

"Hi Frank!" I said after he had shot his arrow, so I didn't disrupt him. He turned, smiled and waved at me. I took my seat on the bleachers.

—-

"Alright folks, good luck to all of you competing in out Regional Tournament. First up, we'll have Marvin Gale shooting for Amber High!" The announcer said. I heard the fans from that school cheer, and then they went silent. (#1, I have no clue how these things work. #2, made up name off of the top of my head.)

The first kid went up and took his three shots. He was good, but not as good as I knew Frank would be.

"Next up, we'll have Micheal Yew shooting for Evergreen High School!"

This kid went up as well, his shots were a bit worse than the last kid. This repeated over and over again, they all shot different spots, until it was Frank's turn.

"And now, Frank Zhang from Goode High School!" I cheered and clapped. He walked forwards and smiled at me. I gave him a thumbs up.

He loaded his bow and drew it back to shoot. The first one landed right outside the bullseye, the second one landed just above the bullseye. People waited in anticipation for his last shot. If he hit the bullseye he would win the match, if not, he would lose or tie. I crossed my fingers. He drew back the string and fired.

I watched as it soared through the air gently and met its mark. Everyone who came to root him on cheered.

I had to keep myself from running down and congratulating him. He smiled in my direction.

"Frank Zhang wins our Regionals Tournament this evening!" The announcer said. I saw a few interviewers lurch forward to ask him questions. They swarmed around him and he looked nervous. I saw him mumble a few things. I wanted to go to him there to help, but I was too shy and there was no way to get to his side. I saw all the fans had pretty much left. I stuck around and waited for Frank, not only because he was my ride.

Finally, after about twenty minutes, the reporters had left slowly, as each of them got their needed information. I walked up to Frank.

"Hi Hazel!" He looked nervous. I smiled at him.

"Hi Frank! Congrats!" I cheered. He smiled at me.

"I was umm... wondering," he scratched the back of his neck, "if you wanted to go umm... get pizza?"

"That sounds great!"

"Really?!"

"Of course!" I smiled. Wait was this a date?

~~~•~~~

To be continued...
—-

Alright, I know I left you on a major cliffhanger, but I've been doing that a lot. Sorry this update took so long, I've been very busy with school, sports, and my other books. I've also been hanging out a lot with friends recently, so I haven't been able to.

It may be a while until my next update, it might not. I'm trying to shuffle my updates around with my stories. The next chapter will be Frazel again, and then back to Percabeth. Sorry, I'm really bad at writing Frazel stuff, but I try.

Please vote, comment, and follow me!