A Panicked Phone Call and Some Leftovers

Adrien thought about the date all evening when he got back home.

After going back to the park they ended up just talking the whole time. There were no awkward moments, no lags in the conversation, no stuttering. Just two people who were enjoying each other's company.

He felt very disappointed when he had to leave to meet his bodyguard.

And he was disappointed again the next morning when he got to class. Marinette wasn't in her seat.

He reluctantly sat down and took his books out. A few minutes later Alya and Nino came in.

"Soooo, how was the date?" Nino asked, wiggling his eyebrows at his best friend.

Adrien chuckled. "It was really nice," he replied, earning a muffled squeal from Alya. He was about to ask them if they had seen Marinette but class started before he got the chance.

Ten minutes went by, and still no sign of the blunette. He started tapping his foot on the floor as he got more and more impatient. Where was she? Hopefully there was nothing wrong.

Relief washed over him when Marinette appeared at the door and quietly made her way to her seat. Once she was seated Adrien turned around and smiled at her. She blushed and returned the smile before looking at the teacher.

As soon as class was over Adrien turned back to her. "Hey Marinette, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just overslept again. You know me," she said, packing up her school bag.

Alya quickly pulled Nino away and out of the classroom, letting Adrien and Marinette have some privacy.

"I should have known," Adrien teased as he stood up.

Marinette laughed before standing up herself. She looked at him. "Adrien, I wanted to thank you for hanging out with me yesterday. It was really sweet of you, and I had a great time."

"Me too," he replied. They started walking out of the classroom. "So, uh... I'm busy after school today and tomorrow. Would you be available to go out on Saturday?"

Marinette looked at him confused. "You... you want to go out again?"

Adrien laughed, thinking that she was joking. But she was serious.

"Sorry," he muttered before continuing. "Of course I want to go out again."

She sighed. "Adrien, you don't have to..."

"Marinette," he interrupted, "I already told you, I want to. Besides, we didn't get all the work done on our project yet," he said with a grin. "And my father would be very upset if I get a bad grade."

A smile crept its way onto Marinette's lips. "I'm sorry. I just thought... nevermind. Yes, I'm available on Saturday," she said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Adrien smiled. "Great. I have a photoshoot in the morning but after that I'm free."

Marinette nodded. "Well think about what you'd like to do. You could come over to my place. Or we could see a movie or something."

"A movie sounds good. I don't get to see many."

"Alright, let's do that. You can pick which one we see... as long as it's not a scary movie," she added, giggling.

They entered the chemistry lab. "That sounds great Marinette," Adrien said.

"Just let me know what time you want to meet up," she commented as she walked off to her table.