A Hoodie, Bad Timing and An Agreement

Nathalie went up to Adrien's door and knocked. Hearing no reply, she opened it and walked inside. "Adrien?" she called out. No response. After a quick search, she sighed to herself and left the room.

She descended the stairs to her boss's study. "I'm sorry Sir, but Adrien isn't in his bedroom."

Gabriel looked up from his computer screen. "What?" he asked angrily.

"He's not in his bedroom," she repeated. "He must have snuck out again."

"Go out and find him!" he demanded.

"Right away Sir," Nathalie responded before exiting the study. She had a pretty good idea exactly where he would be.

************************************

At Marinette's house the young couple still had their arms wrapped around each other. Adrien loved being close to his girlfriend, so he was holding on to her tightly. He wished that he could stay there forever.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I made something for you," Marinette told him.

"You made something for me?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah, I worked on it all weekend and I just finished it up when I got home today. I was planning on bringing it to school tomorrow, but I guess I could give it to you now since you're here."

"Thank you Marinette, you're so sweet," he gushed.

"Don't thank me yet, you haven't even seen what it is!" she chuckled.

"Well if you made it, I'm sure it's amazing."

Marinette blushed slightly at the compliment. "Come on, it's upstairs," she said, pulling away and grabbing his hand. She started towards the stairs but stopped and turned around. "Maman, Papa, is it okay if me and Adrien go up to my room?" she called down to the bakery kitchen.

Both of her parents answered simultaneously.

"Of course sweetie," Sabine called out.

"Absolutely not," Tom called out.

The girl sighed. "Well that was very helpful." She turned towards Adrien again. "Stay here, I'll be right back."

He watched her climb the stairs and disappear into her bedroom. He had been in there before. Several times in fact. But things were different now that they were dating. The tips of his ears started turning red as he thought about the implications.

She returned a minute later with some fabric in her hand. "Sorry I didn't get the chance to wrap it."

Adrien grabbed the dark gray fabric and unfolded it.

"It's a sleeveless hoodie," she explained. "The fabric is really lightweight, so you can wear it on the warmer days when you're incognito. You know, so you'll be more comfortable when you go out," she added, smiling at him.

Adrien stopped breathing. That had to be the most thoughtful gift that he had ever received. And Marinette spent all weekend making it for him. Not because it was his birthday, not because it was any special occasion at all. But simply because she thought it would make his life a little better.

Noticing his silence, she kept speaking. "Don't feel like you have to wear it though. It's fine if you don't really like it..."

"I love it," Adrien interrupted. Then he blinked. Wait... why did he say 'it'? What he really meant to say was 'you'. 'I love you' is what he meant.

He was in love. With Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the girl who loved him with all of her heart. And now he finally loved her back.

It was undeniable. Adrien had never felt what he was feeling at that moment. Like he could fly. Like he was going to throw up. Like he would very willingly give up his life for her.