Epilogue

Marinette skipped over a puddle as she hurried to the restaurant. She was running late for her and Adrien's date. And it wasn't just any old date, it was to celebrate their five year anniversary. It had been five whole years since their first date in the park near their school.

Reaching the building front, she shook her black umbrella and closed it up as she got under the porch.

Adrien was there waiting for her. He smiled when he saw her.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she said, going up and giving him a quick kiss. "I had to finish uploading some designs for a project."

"Should I be worried about this project of yours?" he teased his girlfriend.

"It's not that type of project," she groaned.

"I know, I'm just messing with you."

She smiled. "Come on, let's get inside. I'm starving."

"Just one second," he said, grabbing her hand so she couldn't walk away. "I wanted to talk to you about something first."

"Okay, what do you want to talk about, Kitty?"

He smiled wider. "I love it when you call me that. Although, I love it when you call me Adrien too. I love it when you look at me. I love it when you smile. I love everything that you do, and everything about you. In fact, I love you so much that I want to ask you something."

Taking a step back he kneeled down on one knee and held out a jewelry box towards her.

Marinette's eyes widened at seeing the diamond ring inside.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I love you. First you were M'lady, then you were my Princess. And now I want to ask you, would you please do me the honor of becoming my Queen?"

Tears quickly came to her eyes. "Yes," she replied simply, nodding her head.

Adrien stood and wrapped her up, kissing her passionately.

"I love you Adrien," she said when they separated.

"That was absolutely beautiful," Tikki squealed, popping her head out of Marinette's purse.

"Yeah, not bad, kid," Plagg added from inside his shirt. "Even better than you practiced."

The girl smiled at Adrien. "You practiced?"

"Well of course I did. I wanted it to be perfect for you. Here, take your ring," he said excitedly, handing her the box.

She removed the ring and slid it on her finger. It fit perfectly. "It's gorgeous!"

"You like it?" he asked.

"I love it," she replied. "Almost as much as I love you."

"I'm really glad. My mom helped me pick it out, you know."

"She did?"

"Yeah. I was torn between two different designs for the ring and I couldn't decide. Then I went to visit her headstone and I started talking about them. When I described this one a gust of wind blew past me. I think that was her telling me that this was the right one."

"Well your mom has very good taste, I absolutely love it. Do you want to go visit her now and tell her the news?"

"Let's eat first," he suggested. "You said that you were starving."

"No, it's okay. This is more important."

"Don't be ridiculous, we're already here. It'll be quick."

"Alright," she said, giving in. She held her hand up to look at her ring as Adrien opened the door for her to walk inside the restaurant. "My parents are going to freak out when they find out about this," she laughed.