A Splash of Water and A Presentation

Ladybug detransformed when she got back to her house. She immediately went to bed and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning Plagg arrived as dawn broke. He and Tikki talked quietly until Marinette's alarm sounded.

But the girl didn't move at the noise. 

"Uh, Marinette?" Tikki said, flying up to her chosen after silencing the alarm. She put a hand to her cheek and shook her slightly. Still no response. "Marinette," she tried again, louder this time. A small snore escaped from the sleeping girl's lips. 

"What's going on?" Plagg asked, flying over. "Why isn't she waking up?"

"I don't know. She's usually pretty tired in the mornings but at least she'll wake up and yell at me to let her have more time."

"Marinette!" Plagg shouted into her ear. "Wakey, wakey!"

Another snore.

Tikki shook her again. "It has to be the Miraculouses. They must be draining too much energy. We have to get her to wake up and renounce you."

"Alright," Plagg groaned, looking around. He flew across the room and came back holding a water bottle. "I'm sorry Marinette," he said, opening it up. Then he unceremoniously dumped the contents onto her head.

Marinette stirred and half sat up, sputtering and coughing. "Wha... what's going on?" she asked, opening her eyes momentarily before closing them again. Then she lowered her head back down.

"No Marinette, you need to wake up!"

"Fivemoreminutes..." she slurred.

"Just say 'I renounce you Plagg,' and we'll let you sleep!" Tikki pleaded. 

"I... renounce..." Then silence.

Plagg pried an eyelid open, causing the girl to turn her head away. "Say it! Say 'I renounce you Plagg!'" he yelled. 

"I... renounce you... Plagg..."

The kwamis flew to her hand and pulled the rose-gold ring off of her finger. Plagg then disappeared as the ring turned black and green again. 

Marinette stirred and turned to her other side. Tikki sighed and then snuggled in against her. "Alright, five more minutes," she whispered. 

************************************

Class started and Marinette was nowhere to be found.

Of course Adrien had wanted to talk with her first thing that morning. He was going to tell her that he was no longer Chat Noir. And then hopefully she would forgive him and they would be together again. 

That was the ideal outcome. But he didn't want to get his hopes up too high. Who knows how long it would take her to forgive him, or if it would happen at all.

Their fate would be completely in her hands. The only thing that he could do was wait. And he would wait forever if that's what it took. 

Marinette finally showed up to class thirty minutes late. After muttering an apology to Miss Bustier she went to her seat. She and Adrien made eye contact momentarily before she sat down.

As the lesson continued she propped her head up with her arm. She tried to pay attention but her head was swimming. She was still trying to recover from wearing the two Miraculouses. Luckily her body was slowly readjusting and she was gaining more energy every minute.

And what Miss Bustier said at the end of the class really woke her up.

"I'll have everyone hand in your literature essays now. We'll save our presentations for the afternoon period."