Two Stowaways and A Secret

Plagg flew into Marinette's purse on the car ride to Adrien's house. Tikki wasn't surprised to see him. With Adrien and Marinette dating now, they would always hang out with each other when they were together.

"Hey Sugar Cube," he whispered.

"I told you, stop calling me that," Tikki sighed.

"You need to lighten up. You were so much more fun back in the Dark Ages," he quipped. After a moment he tilted his chin up, sniffing the air. "What's that smell?" he asked excitedly.

"It's probably just something from the bakery," she replied.

The black kwami's face lit up and he flew out of Marinette's purse.

"Plagg no!" Tikki whisper-yelled after him, but it was too late. She groaned as she followed him into the dessert box.

"I knew I smelled something good," Plagg whispered, gazing at the assortment of pastries. "I mean, not Camembert good, but good enough."

"Don't you dare," Tikki whispered back.

Plagg crossed his arms and turned his head away from her.

They suddenly felt the car stop. Then they felt Marinette pick up the box, climb out of the car and walk towards the house.

"Oh great, now we're stuck in here," Tikki hissed at Plagg.

They both remained silent as they listened to the conversation around them.

"Father, this is my girlfriend Marinette."

"What an honor it is to have you in our home, Miss Dupain-Cheng."

"We have to get out of here," Tikki pleaded.

"Relax, they're not going to open the box right now," Plagg argued back.

"Oh, it's a box of desserts from my parent's bakery. They thought you might enjoy them."

"That was very thoughtful of them."

The kwamis felt the box move again.

"I'm sure we'll all enjoy them after dinner tonight."

"See?" Plagg whispered to Tikki. She glared at him in annoyance.

They felt the box move until there was a bump. Then it was perfectly still.

Now the conversation was farther away.

"First of all, I wanted to speak with you about keeping your and Adrien's relationship out of the public eye."

Tikki peeked out of the box. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized that they were on the dining table away from everyone. "You are so lucky that we didn't get caught!" she told Plagg.

"That's why I keep you around, Sugar Cube. You're always good luck," he said eyeing the desserts.

"Uh uh, no way. You can't eat anything."

"Oh come on, I'm starving!" Plagg whined.

"Your work was very impressive Miss Dupain-Cheng."

"They're not going to notice if one thing is missing," Plagg continued.

"Shhh! I'm trying to listen. It sounds like the meeting is going very well," Tikki said happily.

She continued listening for a few minutes before...

"Sugar Cuuuuuuuuuuube!"

"Ugh! If I let you eat one piece will you promise to shut up?" she asked.