A Homecoming and A Double Threat

No detours that night.

Chat Noir went straight home and detransformed. Then he grabbed his phone and called Marinette.

"It's Marinette. Leave a message! Beep!"

Adrien disconnected the call. Looking around his room his eyes landed on his school bag. He still had homework to do.

He worked at his desk for ten minutes before calling Marinette again.

"It's Marinette. Leave a message! Beep!"

This time he left a message. "Hi Princess, it's me. I wanted to apologize for not calling you this weekend. I really wanted to, but I was too busy with work and lessons. I'm so sorry, I just hope you're not mad at me. Please call me back when you get the chance. Bye."

There was nothing else to do but finish his homework. He wanted to call her again but he didn't want to seem desperate. Even though he was.

He jumped up when his phone rang an hour later.

"Marinette," he answered breathlessly.

"Hey Adrien, I'm sorry that I missed your calls. And I'm sorry for calling so late, I just didn't want you to think that I was mad at you."

"So you're not mad?" he asked.

"Of course not," she replied. "I know you have a busy schedule. I completely understand."

Adrien wished that he could kiss her through the phone. "You're so wonderful Marinette. How'd I get so lucky to have a girl like you?"

"Adrien!" she protested, laughing. "You can't say things like that to me. Do you really want me to fall even more in love with you?"

"Yes I do," he answered. And he was dead serious.

She laughed again as they continued talking.

************************************

Adrien practically sprinted into school the next morning. This was finally it, time to see Marinette.

He was intercepted, however, as he went through the courtyard.

"Adrien!" a voice called over to him. Lila Rossi quickly ran up and threw her arms around the blond boy.

"Oh, hey Lila," he mumbled, squirming away.

"It's so awesome to see you again. I can't believe I've been gone for an entire month. It's horrible that I missed so much of school, but you can't exactly say 'no' to Prince Ali when he invites you to stay at his residence in Corsica!"

"Uh huh," he replied unenthusiastically. "Well it's great to see you but I have to go."

"I'll come with you," she said as she walked alongside him. "Corsica was so beautiful, and it was so great to relax with the royal family on their private beach..."

Adrien stopped listening. Everything that came out of Lila's mouth was a lie, so there was no point in paying attention. He had much more important things to pay attention to.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw his girl. Moving away from Lila he ran up to Marinette, pulled her up to a standing position and kissed her ardently.

Lila's mouth fell open for a minute in shock before it slowly morphed into a snarl.

"You two need to get a room," Nino chuckled.

The couple eventually stopped kissing but stayed close to each other. "It's been way too long since I got to do that," Adrien whispered.

She giggled at him.