22

This is Aurora's signature weapon, it's like a sword/machete. I wanted it to be something unique haha.

I'm thinking of having it in a holster on her back like Michonne or Daryl's crossbow. It's not as long as Michonne's katana but it's a bit longer than a machete. 

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen."

― Leonardo da Vinci

~Aurora's Pov~

It's been a few months, we've been on the run the whole time. Mom's belly was huge, she was close to giving birth. Up until today we haven't found a place to settle, Dad and Daryl found a prison and we just got in.

"It's perfect." Dad said as we looked at the yard which had walkers in it. The only thing between us and them was the fence. "If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, We can pick off these walkers." Dad said pointing at the walkers with his machete. They started coming closer to us, piling up against the fence. "We'll take the field by tonight." He said. I sighed and looked at Oliver who was looking at the walkers. He looked at me too and shrugged holding his gun.

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asked. We looked over to him. "I'll do it. You guys cover me." Glenn said volunteering. "No, it's a suicide run." Maggie said shaking her head, not wanting him to go. "I'm the fastest." He said looking away from her. "No. You, Maggie, Beth, T-Dog, 'rora and Oliver draw as many as you can over there." he said pointing at the fence, "Pop 'em through the fence." He said. I looked down at my machete, I found it in a garage at a house we stayed at for a night a few months ago. Oliver and Carl call it my sword, because it did look like one. I really liked it though, it looks cool.

"Alright, let's go R." T-Dog said following the rest as they made their way to the fence, I pulled out my knife and looked at my dad. "Daddy what are you gonna do?" I asked. "I'm runnin' for the gate." He said, I looked over at all the walkers then back at him. "I'll be alright, go." He said. I nodded hesitantly and turned around to see Oliver waiting for me. Dad continued giving everyone something to do. "Cmon, show me some more action with your sword." He said. "What action? No cool moves this time, you heard my dad. We're poppin' 'em through the fence." I said as I walked. "Yeah I know, but I never get tired seeing you do tricks." He said, smiling as he walked backwards. I smiled at him too, "Turn around before you trip Olly." I said and caught up to him.

"Cmon!"

"Hey! Come here!"

"Hey! Hey! Hey!"

We all started yelling, hitting the fence, gathering all the walkers' attention. They started coming to us, we started stabbing them in the head through the fence and the rest started shooting from the towers. Covering my dad as he ran.

I smiled seeing my dad close the gate and getting in a tower safely. "Light it up!" Daryl called out. I put my machete down on the floor and pulled out my gun, we started taking down the walkers.

~The next day~

Dad took a few others further into the prison and they cleared it. We walked in a cell block, following Glenn. I saw T-Dog dragging a walker's body. "What do you think?" Dad asked as he came down the steps. "Home sweet home." Glenn said holding a sleeping bag. "For the time being." Dad said reaching the end of the steps.

"It's secure?" Mom asked, holding her belly. "The cell block is." Dad said looking at her. "What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asked. "In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and infirmary." Dad responded. "We- sleep in the cells?" Beth asked, unsure. "Better than outside.." I said looking at her. "Yeah, but it feels weird knowing we'll be sleepin' in them.." She said looking at me too. "Mm," I said, shrugging a bit. "I found some keys on some guards. Daryl has a set too." Dad said.

"I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." Daryl said walking. I looked at the cells then over to see Oliver looking at them too as the rest started picking cells to sleep in. He looked over at me and shrugged a bit, He walked in one and I looked over to see my dad walking over and putting his hand against a wall then sitting down. I put my things down and walked over to him. He looked at me and I sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

Ever since the farm, he's rarely talked to mom. He ignores and tries to avoid her most of the time. Dad reached over and grabbed my hand, pulling up and kissing it, holding me close to him. "Are you okay daddy?" I asked softly. "I'm tired," He said in the same tome and let go of my hand. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rubbed it. "Why don't you go on up? Try to get some sleep." He said. "Okay," I said softly. This was his way of telling me he wanted to be alone. He rubbed my arm a bit more, "Alright.." He said softly and kissed my head. "Go on," he said. I got up, grabbed my things and went upstairs, walking by Daryl and going into an empty cell.

"Rory." I heard Carl's voice. I backed up and looked in a cell to see Carl sitting on a bunk. He scooted over and patted the spot next to him. I walked in and set my things down, sitting next to him. I looked at him and sighed a bit through my nose, "Do you want top or bottom bunk.?" I asked, already knowing his answer, he's always wanted top bunk. Before this happened and when he was smaller, he told me he always wanted a bunk bed and he wanted to sleep on the top. He smiled at me, "Top." He said. I smiled at him too and he got up, climbing up to the top bunk. "Just remember there's no railing so don't- fall over.." I laughed a bit, "Shut up Rory." He said. I giggled a bit more and laid down, smiling.

We finally found a safe place after months of looking.

Word Count: 1033

A/N: 

I'm starting to work again, so uploads might be slow. Please be patient. ❤