only us

Mostly in our daily lives, there are people we don't appreciate. People we spend so much time with, so it is difficult to know their worth. Even in our darkest times, they are there to support us. When we fall they help us up when we cry they wipe our tears when we smile they are there to smile with us.

But when these people leave us,  there is a void that creeps in like a virus. Settles and breathes, it stays in us and grows, produces until we finally give up hope of living. Sometimes when we remember their not so funny jokes and how determined they were to put a smile on your face we feel the void grow and get louder and louder. The void screams and echoes pain in our souls.

This is how Aurora felt as she was applying the lip gloss. She had already accepted the fact that Verdugo had won after he shot her mother in the shoulder right in front of her eyes. She didn't want to fight this at the cost of her family's lives. It has been six solid weeks since Verdugo kidnapped her, and she had not heard from Gerald. She felt the void and pain push through her like a dagger. She applied the mascara and sighed. Verdugo was finally going to make their relationship official and announce the date for their wedding. Even though she had made up a bunch of excuses to get out of having sex with him, she knew that sooner or later it was going to happen. She felt her blood boil and her eye twitch at the thought of sleeping with that monster. She stood up from the mirror that reflected a pale shadow of her normal self. She wiped the tear that threatened to drop and mastered the courage to face everyone who was going to be at the masquerade party. She wore her mask and headed downstairs.

"And there comes my queen" She heard Verdugo announce as he took her hands. Oh, how she wanted to strangle him, but she couldn't do it because he was keeping her family captive and had threatened not to treat her mother if she made one wrong move this evening. Aurora tried her best to look as happy as everyone else.

" Come and let me introduce you to an important guest" Verdugo took her hands and led her to a man. Even though his face was covered, there was this unmistakable aura of familiarity around this man. His eyes, his movement was oddly familiar. Immediately he spoke, Aurora's heart began to beat faster and she saw the sparkle of excitement in his eyes. Verdugo excused himself and allowed them to talk.

"You don't look beautiful when you are not laughing," the man said and removed his mask.

"Blubber mouth is oddly quiet," Gerald said and Aurora couldn't hold her tears. Gerald held her hand and sent her upstairs to her room. He removed her mask when they were alone.

Hearts were beating, eyes were searching, lips pursing. Gerald held Aurora's waist and pushed her against him. Her palms flattened on his chest and their lips were inches apart. He searched her eyes, and he found all the bitterness, deceit, frustration and fatigue. His mouth hovered around hers, nose touching, lips brushing against each other.

"Aurora" Gerald mention her name for the first time in a hoarse tone. His heart was full and he didn't want to let her go again. " I missed you so fucking much" he continued and he was rubbing her back.

Aurora burst out in tears and hugged him. She could finally show her vulnerability to someone. Her head was on his chest and his arms wrapped around her. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes. She soaked his shirt with her tears.

"Shhhh. It's ok, I am here"  Gerald coaxed and Aurora calmed down. She sniffed and he smirked. He placed his lips on hers and savoured her cherry tasting lips. She responded with all the pain and love she was harbouring. He bit her bottom lip and she gave a small moan at the back of her throat. The kiss deepened, became demanding and hungry. They stopped breathless, the air full of lust they both wanted to satisfy.

Gerald stroked her hair gently and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.
" Even after all the unnecessary talking and the countless times you verbally abused me, I am here to take you away"  he tried lightening up the mood but Aurora gave him a small smile.

"Did Verdugo really think Gerald Alonzo was going to allow him to touch his wife? " he stated more than he asked and Aurora only hugged him tighter.

"Boy, I never thought I would be this glad to see your ugly face" Aurora chirped and they both laughed.

"And I never thought I would be glad to hear your high pitched voice and not so funny jokes" Gerald retorted and Aurora hit his stomach playfully. He mouthed an ouch and she smirked.

"We have to leave now, and I have already taken care of your parents. All the waiters at the party are my men." He winked and Aurora laughed.

"Are you trying to be funny? Never wink again" she continued and Gerald feigned anger. " ok so how do we get out of here? Verdugo's men have surrounded the building." Aurora continued.

Gerald threw her clothes.

"Put it on" she pouched and left. She came back wearing blue joggers with a white tank top and black Adidas snickers.

"We are going to run the hell out of here in about two minutes, so let's leave." He said this while removing his coat.

"Aurora do you trust me?" He asked this unexpectedly but with so much sincerity. She nodded and hugged him. Next thing she knew they were flying out the window but they suddenly landed on something soft. They started running after they heard gunshots, Verdugo's men had spotted them. Gerald's motorbike was parked right outside the house, they sat on it and sped away.

Hey people of earth and beyond how are you all doing, ??

I know, I know,... I have been updating quickly.

Anyway, how did you find this chapter loves?? Leave comments in emojis...

I love y'all. Stay safe and bye❤💯.