Never ending

Japan's journey was full of revealing pain. The past was casting its shadow on the present. Aurora was in Jacob's room folding his clothes when she heard a knock on the door. Fernanda appeared and sat on the bed beside her. There was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes before Fernanda broke it. She placed her hand on Aurora's lap and smiled.
" Life is not in our control, neither is death.  Our problems strengthen us, it doesn't weaken us.- she pulled Aurora into a hug, - You should give some of the problems time." She kissed her forehead and smiled at her. Aurora gave a weak smile in return. Just then Gerald walked in and smiled.
"Can I join?" He asked and they both nodded in response. Fernanda then left them to check on dinner.

*
"Marla is coming over for dinner," Aurora told Gerald and he smiled. He kissed Jacob's cheek and kissed his wife's lips long and hard.
" You should take a break from all this family drama. I suggest Maimi, you, me and Jacob." He said and kissed her again. She simply nodded and continued the kiss. They were interrupted by Jacob's crying. They gave each other knowing looks and burst out.

**

Dinner was awkward and silent with each other everyone including Antonio and Marilyn. After the issue in Japan all of them, even after a hard time convincing Esmeralda, decided not to dig up the past and get at each other's throat all the time for Jacob's sake. Aurora had already warmed up to the idea of Antonio being her dad and Marilyn her half-sister. Even though things we're not as she wanted it, she was happy everyone was making the effort. Marla was half smiling and wiggling her eyebrows at Aurora when she noticed that Aurora and Gerald had been given each other seductive stares. Aurora was sitting directly opposite Marla and that gave her a chance to step on her foot. She mouthed and ouch and Aurora laughed silently.

After dinner, the three ladies went to the movie room and watched movies. Most of the time was spent on talking, giggling and whining about unnecessary girls stuff. Aurora was happy that she found a true company and happiness in her sister and friend. They slept off after two am.

**
"Get your leg out of my mouth." Aurora gritted her teeth while pushing Marla's right foot out of her way. Marla had always been a bad sleep buddy. Marilyn laughed and stretched out her hands.
Marla groaned loudly and yawned. She sat up and looked at both of them. They laughed and left the movie room.
" Next time we should have the girl's night in my apartment," Marla said as she heard Jacob scream from Aurora's room. Gerald came out with Jacob in a baby carrier and the girls giggled.
" It looks like his dad's got this one." Marilyn hit Aurora playfully with her elbow. The girls dispersed to their rooms.

****
"What time is the flight?" Fernanda asked Gerald as he took a bite of his sandwich while sitting on the kitchen counter. Aurora had taken Jacob for shopping since she claimed he didn't have any vacation clothes. Everyone else had decided against eating breakfast at the dining table. He decided to spend time with his nanny before leaving Miami. Just when he was about to answer the question he got a phone call from. He checked his caller ID and his lips stretched into a grin.

"Hey, babe... What? Where? I am coming. " he ended the call, worry furrowed his brow. He picked his car key.
"What happened?" Fernanda asked.
"Aurora said she was almost shot today at the baby store." He said that in a hurry and heard three people gasp. He turned and saw Esmeralda, Antonio and Marilyn starting at him.

***
"Hey, babe." Gerald hugged Aurora when he saw her in the hospital hallway. She wasn't having Jacob with her. She placed her head on Gerald's chest as the other's joined them in the hallway.

"Where is Jacob? " Gerald asked and Aurora looked in the opposite direction.  They saw the nurse coming with Jacob and Gerald took him in his arms and kissed his forehead. He was fast asleep. He handed him over to Aurora and they all started attacking her with questions. 

" I was done with buying his things at the shop so I said goodbye to Claire and walked to my car. All I saw was Verdugo, a gun and Luis trying to talk him out of killing me. The next thing was gunshots and Luis was on the floor. The police were close by and got there on time to arrest that beast. I called the ambulance and here I am with the guilt of a dying man on my head." She sobbed and hugged her husband even tighter.

" And to think he was going to kill Jacob and I today scares me so much." She broke down and Gerald calmed her down. He cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. Jacob was with his grandmother. After some time the doctor came out of the emergency room. He looked tensed.

" He survived the gunshot wound but he will be temporarily paralysed." He ended and Aurora's face fell. She felt guilty for everything that happened.

She went into Luis's room with Marla because Gerald had left to do some work. Immediately they entered, Marla recognised him.

" Isn't this dark eyes? The same guy who kidnapped you?" She asked horrified. Aurora nodded and sighed.

"And today, he saved two lives." She added in one breath. Soon after, everyone came in to see him but he was still unconscious. Well, everyone except Gerald.

*****
"I will make sure you rot here I swear it or my name isn't Gerald you imbecile!!" The police were finding it very hard to stop Gerald from killing Verdugo who was smirking with his face half-burnt.

" Your wife did this to my face and I swear I will kill her for it. And that bastard child both of you have." He said nonchalantly and turned his back to Gerald. Verdugo's lawyer entered just as Gerald was about to throw another fit.

"My client speaks to only me." He said and Gerald scoffed.
" This jerk has a lawyer?" He asked and Verdugo smirked again, giving his lawyer a handshake. 

" You can hire all the lawyers in this world, I swear to you that I will send you a hole deep inside the earth." With that, he left to check up on his family. When he got to the hospital and entered Luis's room, he was awake.
" I hope you are not going to kill me." Luis joked and Gerald pulled his shoulders up in a shrug.
" You saved my son and wife's life. I think we are even now." Everyone burst out laughing.
" Aurora I want to say I am sorry for what I did." He started and Aurora placed her hand on his shoulders.
" No, it's fine, you were simply being a good godson. Besides, Jacob and I are grateful to you for our lives." She smiled and he returned it. Everyone finally agreed to stop being asses for the peace of everyone. They left the doctor to check on Luis and went to the hallway to see Esmeralda and Antonio taking care of Jacob together. Aurora smiled at her father and gave him a wink. Esmeralda caught on and stood up to get some fresh air after handing Jacob to his father.

*****
"Time flies hunh?" Antonio spoke as Esmeralda stood by the lover's bench and the park. She simply nodded and sat down. Antonio sat down beside her and for the first time in a while, she didn't stop him or avoid his company.

" I have always been a jerk. And I know that your anger is justified. Esmeralda, I am not asking for what he had back neither are my asking for forgiveness. I am just- "
Before he could finish the statement she crushed her lips on his.

Must. Take. A. Moment. To. Breathe.
Aaaarrrrrhhhhhh!!!!!!!
What the hell just happened?? What? How? Who? Why..... Brain freeze.....

Alright, enough of my brain talk. I have worked hard enough to bring you this exciting chapter. Feel free to leave a comment and don't forget to vote for me please🥺🥺.  Well slowly, slowly the book is coming to an end.

And what did you think of Esmeralda and Antonio's kiss?
Do you think they still have a chance of being together?
Or will it become weird???

Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!!! * me clutching my pillow*

I love y'all bye😁😘🥰💃💃💯🙈.